Hi, I will have my front tooth extracted tomorrow, and I’m a little bit nervous. Will I be in lot of pain? How will I eat and drink?

When I had a front tooth extraction, I had pain only for the next couple of days. During the extraction, I didn’t feel a thing but when I came home and when the numbness was gone, I started feeling the pain. The wound was still fresh, so I had to rinse my mouth regularly to prevent an infection. Since it was my front tooth that was extracted, I had difficulties chewing for a week or two. I had to eat pudding, yogurt, applesauce and juices because they didn’t need chewing. All I felt during the extraction was pressure and movements inside my mouth, but I didn’t feel pain except when I got an injection. It wasn’t that awful as I expected, and good painkillers will help you forget that you even had a front tooth extraction. You should also ask your dentist about antibiotics, in case that you have an infection developed after the removal.