I put myself in rehab for 30 days in 2002.  I quit drinking for 11 years.  In August of 2013 I guess I got curious and started again.  First, I used to drink socially, then weekends, then it just picked up after that.  I'm not at the point of blackouts or missing work.  I do not drink in the morning. I do not go to the bar rooms.  I drink approximately 4-6 beer a day.  Each day I say I'm not going to drink but I feel like I need to just to take the edge off.  I thought it's time to do something before it does get out of control like it was in 2002.  I've been calling about detox but my deductible is over $2500.  Is there a safe way that my doctor can help me get through this at home.  There is a time coming up soon that I have 6 days off of work.  Thanks for your time.

Hi kellyann027 , i would go to you Doctor tell him/her you are doing it alone , i would'nt do without telling anyone (you may suffer a Alcholic Fit or worse) 

Myself i booked into a Mental Hospital i got all the help i needed , i was took to a AA meeting and iv'e not looked back , That was 28 yrs ago , life's not perfect but i don't touch Alchol a day at a time , take care ,

Thank you. I am definitely seeing my doctor about this. I made a start date of May 12 since that's the time I was able to get off work for 7 days. Hopefully that's enough time. What is an alcoholic fit? And AA did not work for me. I had a sponsor, did my 30 meetings in 30 days and almost drank each time I left. I do believe it is helpful for MANY people. Going to church and being highly involved in my spirituality and reading many books on alcoholism is what got me through 11 years. Then I got a bit curious. Silly me!

Your right the Rooms of AA are not for everybody , i agree with the Spiritual side of things , You can Goggle about the fit's also wet brain , when i think back i was so lucky in my drinking the scrape's i got into i could'nt have them days back , God bless & take care ,

There is no such thing as moderation in recovery. Was your alcohol use just experimentation or are you feeling depressed, experiencing anxiety or PTSD? If so, you would need to address those issues first. I'm glad you've been able to function without letting alcohol control your life but detoxing at home is out of the question. Who is your insurance provider? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use