I started drinkin when am 18 yrs old. Now i am 30 yrs old. I lost my married life,jobs, shameness... blah blah blah.. I was admitted in rehab with out my interest for 13 times.. All 21 days program for 13 times..  But last May 1st 2012 i left alcohol drinking on my own. i was not drinking for 6 months, i used to play daily for more than 4 hrs to make myself tired so that i need some sleep.

Now the problem is i started drinking again for 22 days.. I have been drinking 11 to 12 beers daily, i used to start to drinkin early morning around 4 am..

My office coworkers came to know about me, i need some help.. my drinking quantity doubled.. I am hearing voices, my eyes are red, headaches, I dont want to lose my job again..

you and I, my friend, are in the exact same place. I wont bore you with my history but will say over 12 years I have lost everything I ever valued to drink including my eldest daughter who hasnt spoken to me in 4 years. My drinking lost me two jobs I loved,  a home i cherished, two husbands,all of my friends and most frighteningly of all I almost lost my 3 year old last year. blah blah. Cut a long story, after getting clean for all of three weeks (pathetic that I thought I was doing well)Ive been drinking 1-5lt of vodka every single day (starts at 4am same as you) for past 5/6 weeks and yesterday decided enough. My mother is the only one left standing and has told me she will shut the door on me, call social services and get my baby taken away from me if I dont stop so I have no choice. I look at her cherub face and imagine social services taking her away and it destroys me....It  fills me with so  much guilt. Anyway one thing I will say is PLEASE dont go cold turkey. Its s dangerous. You could have a seizure, heart attack, stroke and die. Seriously. You need to wean yurself slowly. I cut my consumptoin down over three days so that by the 4th day Im only taking what I call emergency sips for when the withdrawals are so bad I cant taken another minute. It can take up to two weeks for the symptoms t go away completely. You have to be prepared for it to get worse before it gets better. Last night I had the whole bundle, palpitations, paranoi, shakes, voices, breathlessness,sweats, weak legs, hallucinations and the mental torture is only just beginning. Im trying to stay calm and not panic and keep reminding myself it HAS to get worse before it gets better and that it wont last for ever. Im no medic but Ive been here many times. Its hard to not panic. Very hard. My head is throwing out BAD thoughts and memories and snippets of the chaos that has been my life and Im torturing myself with thughts of "what if....."  I feel dangerusly close to getting some vdka to make it all stop but I wont. I cant. You can do this. Im doing it RIGHT NOW completely alone.:'(

This is for the both of you, once you realize you have a problem half the battle is over all you have to do now is ask for help. I am not sure what part of the country or which state either of you are in but look up AA. They are there to help you getting through all the withdrawls and help you stay sober one day at a time. I know all to well of what both of you are going through I have been there, and I have been sober for over 9 years and I have a way better life that I ever thought possible. Also for the DT's, get Gatorade and honey. In a 8 oz of gatorade put a tb spoon for in it and drink. It takes away the shakes and also get lots of sugar (candy, cakes, pies....etc...it will help with the withdrawls to and help with the graving. Hersey's bar are good to. I will keep both of you in my prayers and will check back to see how yall are doing.

hi I am on day 9 that is true it is dangerous to just stop if drinking a high amount of alcohol ! I have found a site if you don't want to go to the doctors which can help support keep you free from alcohol it is

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I have found it useull I hope you feel better and try o think positive its not easy but gets easier

it is an online site which you can refer to when you are home along with other resources iv been drinking for 5 years every day iv given up a few times in the past which only lasted afew weeks each time I did have witdrawals but his time on day 9 I haven't had any I think the night I decided to try again I scared my self by reading about liver disease from alcohol and I don't want to die I am 27 years old . I keep going out everyday so once I get home in the evening its nice and I look forwards to relaxing. I manage to keep organised to keep my brain free from stress it seems to be working the little things make life better. try and do things to keep you busy and think positive maybe write down all the good things and bad things about what alcohol does for you . I hope that you a have a succesfull recovery I have bee to aa once before and it was ok I am going to start to go again as im off the alcohol now I have to know what my triggers are now the battle of staying free from alcohol starts now I wish u the best of luck everyone

You need to stop for a while, I had all that before (it's the beginning to Wet Brain). Try to stop it's not anything nice it's reality totally lost. Don't be one of those guys...if you do drink again only pace yourself and drink moderately, after five pm - till midnight with only a good dinner and a imported six-pack of a craft beer or a cider. Regular beer is dangerous, whiskey is will rip your stomach up, whine will give you a bad hangover (too much). Then work on a goal, my goal was "To Explore and Leave This Country", you need to make a change in your life ( that's my point )

Wow this is some intense stuff huh, mgrubbs...well, AA is a good place for people to hear other stories and to tell people yours. The Twelve Steps and Bills Story and all, but the only thing that will help someone to stop drinking or using is "choice". They should hear other peoples stories but it's really all in the decision to either be able to have only a few here and there or not. I know a guy that just decided to not ever drink again one day, after almost 30 yrs. of it. Real heavy too...just stopped. I've watched him all my life, and here 25 yrs. later he still hasn't had a drink. Me though (his son) after having a mirror image life as his, I choose to still have a few drinks in the night through dinner. I quit drinking like a lush or a college frat boy in the 90's. I drink craft apple cider, but not the Budweiser or the Jack Daniels...etc. Only because a few years ago I decided to pick up again, after 10 yrs. abstinence, I decide to only drink three a night with no problem. I decide that I don't want anymore at that point. Because I decide that I'm comfortable with myself at that amount. I decided a long time ago that I don't want to live like a heavy drinker anymore, after almost 20 yrs. of heavy drinking . "It's completely all up to what you decide for yourself" Not AA.