My really good friend has 15 years old daughter. She is very ill now, she has acute kidney failure. My friend is desperate. He thinks that she can lose vision because of it. Does anybody know something about acute kidney failure and vision loss? Does my friend need to worry? Thanks!

I know that people with chronic kidney disease due to diabetes or high blood pressure can have serious vision problems. But I’m not sure that it’s happen to people with acute kidney failure. Also I heard that any kidney disease can cause high blood pressure and put vision at risk.

First of all I am so sorry that such a young girl has such a terrible condition and I hope that this will resolve in a best possible way. I have heard that people with this condition can have vision problems but I have never heard that one of the consequences could be total vision loss. Have your friend consulted your doctor about this questions? If he is worried about this, and after all future quality of life of his daughter is in question, he should make the doctor to answer some questions. If he is worried his daughter is going to feel it and this is not good for either of them. I hope that she will be fine.