Hello. I'm 18 and i recently went to Urologist because i thought i had phimosis. It turns out i don't. They pulled it back with ease, something i couldn't bring myself to do all this time. And there was alot of smegma, so they cleaned some with some paper, didn't pay attention what it is. All i know is that i never experienced such pain in my life, as when they touched my revealed head of my penis in order to clean some smegma. I've read alot these days, so i know that this sensitivity, and this pain is somewhat normal, due to penis being covered whole life, or irritations because of poor cleaning. They've told me that they've cleaned some stuff, but it will be easier and less painfull if i clean it at home myself. To buy some kid's soap, and to soak my penis in chamomile every day.  The thing is... i just can not touch my penis head. Since that day, moving my foreskin down, to reveal the head has become easier, it's not like super easy to do, but i can do it when flaccid, didn't try with erection. So how do i make this smegma which i see on my head go away without necesseraly touching it, or rubbing it? They gave me like 9 days until my next visit, and it's been 3/4  days already, i don't feel like i did much .. I have more questions about other things, but i'd be grateful if you reply to this one as fast as possible.

Health Guru

When you take a bath pull your foreskin back and just let it soak then just before you get out slide your foreskin back and forward a few times if that's not painful to do and it will help to remove the softened smegma, the only way your going to get over the sensitivity is by keeping the glands uncovered and letting them dry out and by touching them regularly so you get use to the sensation.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have and one of us will try to answer them for you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I feel like i need a baththub for this, which i sadly don't have. I will try to improvise somehow..
The other question i have is, is it ok to wash/soak my penis in chamomille plant like i've been told to do every day?
And also, the line of my penis head ( not the whole head, just the outline of it, where the head kinda ends) has this purple-ish color, is that due to poor cleaning, is it something serious?

And do you have some methods for me to make my foreskin less tight? As i've said, it's not impossible to pull down my foreskin to reveal the head, but it's not that easy either, it feels kinda heavy. How can i change that?

Health Guru
No problem an glad to help any way I can, seeing as you don't have a bathtub a compromise would be to get a cup/mug of bearable warm/hot water and just let your penis soak in that for 20 to 30 minutes and do it that way, another way you can try to help loosen the smegma is when you take a pee pinch the tip of your foreskin shut then pee so your foreskin fills and starts to balloon out then hold for a minute or so before you release then massage the glands through your foreskin and repeat the process, that will also help stretch your foreskin a little too
I have never heard about washing it with chamomile before so can't really help you on that one
Are you talking about the back of the glands where the foreskin joins?
There are a few ways you can stretch your foreskin opening from simply pulling your foreskin back to its tightest point when your erect and just holding it there for up to a minute an repeat several times daily or you can try putting your little fingers in the end of your foreskin and pulling it open to stretch it that way or another way you can get a couple metal teaspoons and carefully slide the handles between the glands and the foreskin then gently pull them apart to stretch the opening, that's just a few ways you can try. If you have any more questions or not sure about anything feel free to ask.

Thank you yet again. I wish the Urologist told me at least something, all they've said is ,, nah you are fine, you don't have phimosis, just go home, clean it up, and come back after 9 days. I had to do so much searching around. Yeah i think i need to make my foreskin less tight, because i am having trouble often when i pull it under the head, then its hard to cover the head again, it gets kinda stuck under the head, so i need to use some ,,oil'' that the urologist told me to get, so it will help with covering the head again. And can i somehow send a picture of a random penis, and circle the place where i have this purple color? I am just learning English, so i can't really describe things well. Sorry

Health Guru
By what you described the urologist is right about everything being normal, I don't think you have anything to worry about with the colour as the glad area can vary with different shades.
I would advise you to try the last two ways I said to stretch your foreskin (fingers or spoon handles ) as your find that will work faster If done regularly.

Yes, i will try what you've suggested.
By the way, how long should i keep the head uncovered, and let it ,dry out'. Should i let it dry for like 10 minuts, and then to try and touch it? All of this would be easier if it wasn't so sensitive to touch, like everywhere.

Health Guru
I hope it helps you out like it did me when I was a lot younger and firsts started to pull mine back to clean, the longer you can leave it the better your find it is and I realise how uncomfortable it is to touch but the more you can touch it the more you will get use to it over time.
Some guys say to use rubbing alcohol to clean the glands as that will also thicken the skin up as well but I have never tried that.
Have you tried pulling your foreskin back yet when you have an erection to stretch it?

I tried that yesterday. Maybe it wasn't like full erect, but it wasn't flaccid either, somewhere in the middle, and i could do it, but as usual, the foreskin gets stuck under the head, so i have to use this ,oil' on the foreskin, and then i can just push it and cover the head again. I guess that's because it's still tight. And i've never in my life did that before, i couldn't pull it so much, maximum maybe like half of the penis head, so i am at least glad i can uncover my head now.

Health Guru
The more you can keep pulling your foreskin back and stretching it then the easier It will become to do and also the easier it will be to push it back to cover the head again just the same as the more you can touch the glands the more your get use to the feeling.
Not sure what country your from but here in England you can get baby oil specially ment for babies skin that won't cause Irritation and if you apply that your foreskin it will help keep it soft and stop it cracking and if applied to the glands will help to soften the smegma, another good use for it is as a lubrication when you masturbate.

Hm i see. I might get it then, the softer the smegma is, the easier will it become for me to clean it by using your method. By the way, i have kid's soap that Urologist told me to get, and i was wondering if i should maybe put some soap in the mug of warm water, and then soak my penis in it for 20/30 minutes as you've said. Because i've heard people say not to use soap, or should i just stick to just warm water?

Health Guru

The only thing with using soap to start with even very mild snap if you don't wash all the residue off it can cause irritation, once you can actually touch your penis head to rinse it off properly I would avoid. Even though using water and the baby oil to soften the smegma you will still have to use a certain amount of force to actually get the smegma off by just rubbing with your fingers.

Okay. I will try tonight what you've suggested about cleaning. Thank you again for helping me out.