Hi, I'm 18 and have been masturbating for about 5 years. I have never really had an issue with my penis until the last year or so. My problem is that my penis is too sensitive. I know you ll must of heard this many many times but I just had to make a thread... I have tried many times to touch my exposed head but the pain is ridiculous! I have even tried touching it with the head and my fingers covered in baby oil, yet it was still unbearable.

Now the main issue that has come with this is I have never been able to thoroughly clean my penis head. Over the year I would pull my foreskin back while flaccid and use the shower head the rinse my penis but recently I have noticed my head is very unclean and is more or less covered in semen making it very hard to pull back due to the stickiness. My head is also kind of discoloured in places like where the banjo string is and round the back and top of my head - it's kind of red as if it is irritated.

I am a hygienic person and shower every night however the problem with my penis head is so bad that I have never brought myself to thoroughly clean it and if it was to be cleaned by a doctor/nurse whatever I would beg to be put to sleep while they did it. I think I need/want to be circumsized so I have no choice but to be exposed, knowing eventually the sensitivity will go away. Because as long as I have a foreskin that protects my head I will never bring myself to freely touch my it.

Please help me with this, it is making me so depressed lately and I am in a new relationship, sex is imminent and I don't think I could bring myself to doing it.

Hey, the first thing to take care of is getting tour penis clean, I know what its like to have sensitivity down there and i agree being uncircumcised can make the head very sensitive. Part of the sensitivity is probably do to your penis being so irritated from being dirty. not having a clean penis can lead to all sorts of problems, including but not limited to infections, sensitivity, inflamation and some studies suggest it could lead to an increased risk of penile cancer. To clean it what i would suggest is to first soak your penis in warm water. perhaps you should take a bath for this. make the water as warm as you can stand, retract the forskin and let it soak for a while 5-10min or until the debris (smegma semen exc. softend. then gently rub it off. some MILD soap or even baby shampoo will also help break through the debris. once it is clean you need to keep it clean and retract it and clean it every day. it will probably be sensitive for a while because it is so irritated. however it should clear up, once its clean in a week or so. (unless you have an infection) which in that case I would reccomend going to see your family doctor to get that taken care of.

hope this helps. and make sure the water warm enough to get through the debris but its not so hot that it burns your penis.

Thank you for your reply. I can't believe I never thought of this lol. I will do this tonight and let you know how it goes!

haha no problem glad to help. just remember go slow and be thorough but gental.

hey man, how did the "cleaning go"? .... is it still super sensitive?

just wondering let me know %-)

Use aqueous cream to clean is a very mild cream that can be used instead of soap to clean the skin.

Help me. I got the same problem. My glans is very sensitive. I will try some recommendations above. Thanks for the information :)
But there is another issue for me which confuse and make me a bit depressed.
After masturbating I wash the part of my foreskin surface around the head (the outer side which is not sensitive) with soap and after a while it turns red and the foreskin show some scratches. It hurts like the skin was scratched (don't know how to describe it properly)
Hope someone tell me what happened.

Is your foreskin kind of tight?
That may cause tiny stretch fissures that look like scratches. They would be irritated by using soap and become quite noticeable. Try using just water to rinse it.

If you decide you would like to get rid of the sensitivity I can tell you how I did it.

Thanks.
I haven't tried retracting before. I only recently found that it's necessary (I'm 17 now). I'm trying to retract my foreskin in hot water and this process is really hard and slow :( I still don't know if my foreskin is tight or not but if my glans is still very sensitive I don't dare to retract my foreskin further.
Yes please tell me how to get rid of the sensitivity. Does it take long? Only if I can, I will be able to clean it more properly.
---
And another disaster: Today while playing soccer I was shot in the penis and it and my ball were both hurt. However, the pain in the ball faded away fast while my penis is still a bit itchy around the ring. Do I have to worry about it? I can't see any visible injury on it.

And yes mine is tight :( The frenulum frustrated me much in the retracting practice cause it seems not to extend any at all. And after that it caused some discomfort.

Hey Archangel,

have you tried adding epsome salt to the warm water? epsom salt  will help relax the tissue of your foreskin and allow it to streatch easier. I have posted the procedure numorus places before on other topics. if you have not come across it I can send it again and post it up on here.

As for the pain in your penis. the foreskin probably got pulled back slightly causeing a quick streatch to your foresking leading to some discomfort. also, your penis contains a ton of nerve endings so getting hit there usually causes some lasting discomfort. it should get better in a day. I would examin each testee though tomake sure there is no severe pain or swelling and everything feels "Normal". Also is there any brusing on your penis anywhere?

Thanks.  

one more thing that may prove helpful.... which of these 4 drawings looks most like what your foresking looks like. the link will take you to a diagram that has different leves of phimosis (tight foreskin) severity.

First you need to get the foreskin so it goes back far enough to uncover the head. The stretching process is slow but don't give up. It's really nice to have it slide back easily.

I pulled mine back so the whole head was exposed and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol using cotton balls. If you're not adventurous you may want to just use water. The alcohol feels cold at first then it makes everything tingle and feels quite warm but it gets all the oily stickiness out so the head is nice and smooth when it dries. Then you can rub it with your fingers to get it used to being touched. You are in control so it doesn't have to hurt. Touch it as lightly or as heavily as you can stand. Do it for as long as you can each time you do this, the more often you do it the sooner it becomes less sensitive. I kind of liked doing it so I did it quite often.

After a while it caused terrific erections and I would feel the need to masturbate which only caused me to want to do it more often. It still took several months to get rid of the high sensitivity but it was great fun and masturbating by touching/rubbing the bare, dry, head is such a pleasurable feeling I have always masturbated that way since then.

I feel I have the best of both worlds between the head not hurting when being touched and still retaining some of the sensitivity of not being circumcised.

Mine looks like the B group.
Today is the 4th day since I suddenly got smegma inside my foreskin. My underwear was terribly dirty with it and my penis is so smelly, ruining all my confidence and I can't focus in anything (it's the first time I've had such a problem). I took a shower but 'that' smegma started to re-accumulate right after that, leaving my head no time clean. And I cannot clean inside due to both tight foreskin and sensitivity. It's a common problem around the forum.
Btw, after all of the difficulty in retracting I was considering myself having frenulum breve but all of the pics I got is all about fully-retracted foreskin so I still don't know. Please tell me how I can check if I have frenulum breve or not, cuz I heard that it can only be fixed by surgical procedure (which I'm so afraid of)
Biomajor'10 please post it again here or just direct me there.
So far now I know I have all: sensitivity, smegma, tight foreskin and even frenulum breve (hope I don't). Guys once again please tell me which one to deal with first. I'm so tired of these especially the smegma it just lower my mood and halt my work.

hey there,

If you can fully see the glans (head) of your penis and your penis is not bent significantly downward or feels very painful whre your frenulum is then you do not have a frenulum breve (Short frenulum).

Right now you need to do what you can to keep your penis clean. and if you use the epsome salt soak methode to help loosen your foreskin always rinse/shower your penis and body off so you dont get salt residue on it. have you tried using a gentle soap with a Q-tip (cotton swab) or cotton ball to try and remove some of the smegma? alcohol should work too just like njoy has suggested just be very careful to not get anything into your urinary  meatus (pee hole) or it will really sting/hurt. that goes the same for the soap. always make sure to rinse well when cleaning as to not cause further irritation

as for the original post on treating a tight foreskin.

either add 3-4 cups of epsome salt (Magnesium Sulfate) in a VERY warm (not hot) bath filled with just enought water to cover your genitals. or a bout 1 cup for every 1-1.5 gallons of very warm water.  soak your penis in the water for a bout 10 min or so then slowly retract your foreskin as much as possible. if you feel any pain stop. your foreskin should feel really tight but not painful. hold your foreskin retracted for a bout 15-20 seconds then release. repeat 10-15 times. after you are done wash off to get all the salt water off you and take a small amount of olive oil and massage it into your foreskin. this should help keep your foreskin soft and elastic. repeat the soak 1-2 times daily. this may take several weeks depending on how tight your foreskin is.

Can you retract your foreskin when flaccid how about erect?

thanks and I hope this helps.