Im 14 weigh about 170 and im looking for a way to loose 40 pounds to get to 130. As a kid I used to play soccer and i want to start up again next year on the high school team. I have become really lazy all i do is drink soda and play video games all day and maybe ride my bike 1-2 times a week. Exercise is a problem now because i have no motivation and i dont wanna do the work to get to 130 pounds. The diet is whats going to be hard for me.

Its really just a matter of being motivated enough to do it. It's not necessarily all about having the most knowledge about nutrition, sometimes its rather simple-Don't go for the soda, grab a water instead. Or instead of having a big plate of garlic bread or whatever else with your meal, try a salad. Also, if you eat pb&j's for lunch, don't eat the reg brand of peanut butter and white bread, try natural, sugar free peanut butter and get wheat bread (not just bread that says its wheat, but like alvarado st or ezekiel brand bread), and sooner or later, your healthier versions of food will seem better than what you had before, like for me the idea of eating a "regular" pb&j would be weird, it seems like it would be way too sweet. Also, don't eat sugary cereals and waffles and stuff for breakfast (idk why breakfast has turned into a time to eat sweet and sugary and unhealthy foods), maybe try to eat fruit, whole grain cereal with low fat milk and maybe some sort of meat. Also, its good to eat a diet full of foods with a low glycemic index. I think its great that you want to go back into playing soccer, and in order to be the best you can be at it, you have to be taking good care of your body, both nutritionally and as far as exercise goes. 

Best of luck (:

thx il keep that in mind when i go for something sweet and get fruit instead.