Hello, I am Bella and I am around 200 and my doctor said I should lose at least 65-70 pounds... I would really like to lose this weight by September of this year around the time when school starts up again. But the problem is my dad works like 6-8 hours a day and my mom is mostly never home. I ride my bike about 2-3 times a week. Please write anything helpful.

I will tell you this through experience there is no easy way out you must work hard and eat right if you exercise and eat right you will lose weight but even though you are young you will not lose that much weight by school time but you will lose alot of weight and people will notice and you will be proud of yourself

Hey Bella. I know a lot about this stuff (my mom is a nutritionist). So anyway first of all, you have to want to lose weight. Like really want it. But i mean not just so you can look good, though who doesn't want that :) You should want to lose weight to make yourself a healthier person all around. Because if you stick through all this exercise and healthy eating, it is really going to pay off, and you are going to feel awesome about yourself! :) So I'm just gonna give you some ideas on how to stay healthy, and they work a lot better than any of those crash dieting things. 

-Drink A LOT of water. And i do mean water. not a whole bunch of juice or soda or coffee or whatever. Water actually keeps your metabolism going faster  (your metabolism is basically what burns calories) It's totally fine to have these other drinks sometimes, but really try to stick to water as much as possible. I keep a water bottle with me at all times, and i'm constantly drinking from it.

-Cut down on junk food. Yah, i know this sucks :) But by doing this you are cutting down on all the crud you are putting into your body, which makes you tired, and leaves you with no energy. But again, same as the juice or coffee or soda, its totally cool to have junk sometimes. And that doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to a little piece of cookie once a week. Don't deprive yourself of sweets or unhealthy foods.

-The 5 food groups! Which are: Grains: bread, pasta, buns, rolls, oatmeal, cereal, rice, etc. Vegetables: carrots, green beans, broccoli  cauliflower, celery, potatoes- though potatoes are kind of starchy, so try not to eat as many as other vegetables- etc. Fruits: Apples (an apple a day truthfully does keep the doctor away, they are really great for you, and fill you up), cherries, pears, tomatoes, pineapple, bananas, etc. Dairy: Milk (non-fat or low-fat are great if possible instead of 2% or 1%), cheese, yogurt, ice cream ;) (but not too much ice cream or yogurt, because they are a little bit fattier) Protein: Any kind of meat- ham, turkey, beef, bacon occasionally, beans, peanut butter, tuna, nuts, etc. So basically try to get 6-11 servings of grains each day, 2-4 servings of fruit each day, 3-5 servings of vegetables each day, 2-3 servings of dairy each day, 2-3 servings of protein each day, and occasionally sugary or oily things.

-Exercise. It sounds like you are making an awesome effort by riding your bike. That's great! Keep that up, and ask your parents whether it would be okay with them that you could go out and walk outside for a bit. Really every little bit counts. Once you feel comfortable with the walking, move on to maybe jogging for 30 seconds and walking for a minute or 2. Gradually you want to be able to jog or run for longer periods of time and take shorter walking breaks in-between. The biking is a good way to tone your legs. Get out there on your bike whenever you feel like it. When you start eating healthier, you are gonna have a lot more energy to do all this exercise and once you've been doing it for a while, it isn't uncomfortable anymore. It just feels great. Running or jogging or walking is great for when you are stressed out or mad or worried about something. When you exercise it releases happy endorphins in your brain that put you in a great mood. And once your muscles get used to it, they will start getting stronger and more defined. There are other types of exercise that you might find more fun. You could take up Dance classes (ballet really works your abs), or you could get a yoga dvd from the store and watch it on your tv and do the moves along with it, or even an exercise dvd. But pay attention to your body. When it is telling you that you need to stop, don't push yourself. Another thing is to always stretch before you do any kind or exercise. No amount of calories burned is worth a pulled muscle. :) Also whenever possible do little things like walking up stairs instead of taking the elevator, or if you are walking down a hallway at school, and you have time, and there is a longer way to your classroom, take that instead of the shorter route. It all adds up :)

Here are some good and healthy snack ideas:

-NUTS. All kinds of nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, peanuts etc. Just grab a handful if you feel hungry and its not dinner or lunch yet.

-Apple or Banana with peanut butter. Just don't put too much peanut butter on the fruit :) The peanut butter obviously has nuts, which gives you protein, which gives you energy. And fruits have natural sugar that is so much better for you than things with cane or brown or whatever sugar. Apples also fill you up, so you don't feel hungry when you are finished.

-Celery with peanut butter. Same peanut butter benefits as above. Celery is a good source of anti-oxidants and minerals, and is pretty low in calories.

-Carrot sticks and hummus. Hummus is tasty and has garbanzo beans in it which are great for you. And carrots are healthy, and give you better eyesight.

-I love making smoothies. You just throw a few of your favorite fruits into a blender with some plain or vanilla yogurt, or some cream or milk, pour into a cup and take it with you in the morning. great on-the-go breakfast.

Those are my tips. :) I really hope that they help you, or anyone else who is reading this. I am not saying these are guaranteed to make you lose weight, but these are things that work for me, and tips and tricks i got from my mom, who is a professional in health. So don't try to starve yourself, or over exercise. Treat your body with respect, and hopefully it will repay you with feeling great and looking amazing. :)

NOTE: I am not a professional, and i am not saying that these are guaranteed to work or make you more skinny. I am just sharing things that work for me, general knowledge about the subject, advice from my doctor on how to stay healthy, and tips from my mom.

Ride ur bike err day I do and helps so much and I enjoy my self at same time ... I eat Wat I want and the next day I lose 4 pounds .. I don't no if it works with everyone but it does me and sence were young its easier to lose weight ..and me doing althtics in school helps dramaticly and I can stil eat Wat I want and not get fat. Fact of it is is stay ative.