Hello!! Here is an idea for all dog owners. Why don’t we all share our recipes for homemade doggy biscuits here? It doesn’t have to be recipes, you can write about your recipe alternations, tips on how to make it easier to bake them and stuff like that. You can also write about which biscuits your dog likes best and which will take little time for preparation. I want all of us to focus on quick and healthy doggy biscuits, made out of healthy ingredients. We can also share our experience regarding other treats, but I’d like us to start with homemade doggy biscuits.

I like the idea, let me break the ice. :)

My dog loves when I make biscuits. I never buy them, simply because there is no need to. It’s much cheaper to prepare them at home and it is also much healthier. 

I use peanut butter as the main ingredient because my dogs love it. They’re not at all picky. I sometimes use different vegetables without any meat and they’re still thrilled when they sense the smell, even though they’re very enthusiastic meat-eaters.:) 

When I don’t have any money, I combine some leftovers. I just make sure I don’t put any onions. 

I totally agree with you Mia, this is a great idea :)

So, let’s share some good recipes :)

I totally support organic treats. Here is one recipe :) Fruit and vegetable strips :) They are vitamin rich, and that is one more reason to make them :)

You will need

Small sweet potato,

Medium banana,

One cup of minced carrots,

Applesauce,

Two cups of whole wheat flour,

One cup of rolled oats

Half cup of water.

Cook the potato in the microwave for 10 minutes, until they are soft. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Mash banana and sweet potato into bowl and add carrots, flour and oats. Add applesauce as well. Form it and cook for 20 minutes. 

Hello. You can never be wrong with peanut butter. Never. I have a bunch of recipes, but for the beginning, I will give you one. I am sure that your dog will enjoy it. Here it is. It is really simple to make. You will need two cups of totally organic whole wheat flour, or even wheat germ, rolled oats, or you can even mix those, and you will need 2 jars of pureed baby food, such as beef, blueberry, and sweet potatoes, chicken. Make sure that there are no onions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and put this mixture in it for 30 minutes. 

Hey there.

I just LOVE to make doggy biscuits for my Boo :) I am always looking for some new recipes as well, and of course, I am really willing to share some recipes with you.

I am glad because they are super simple to make. 

Combination of peanut butter and pumpkin is always great, right guys?

You will need:

One cup of pumpkin puree,

Two eggs,

Half of cup of whole wheat flour,

Three tablespoons of peanut butter,

Half of tablespoon of cinnamon.

Procedure is really simple, you should make it like all other treats, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake it for 20 minutes :)

You can really play with your imagination on this one. Think about what’s healthy, and what your dog likes. Peanut butter is the most famous ingredient in these biscuits, but I try to avoid since too many sweets can be bad for your dog’s eyesight. I prefer fruit biscuits over vegetable ones. My dog loves when I make him biscuits with banana. He adores pineapple, just like his owner . I make him vegetable biscuits too, but I focus more on the fruit ones. And I do make peanut butter biscuits, because he loves them, but just not so often. By the way, we have a habit of eating those biscuits together.

When you have imagination, you can make almost everything :) You can make magical doggy biscuits as well.

I suggest you to try apple and cheddar cakes for your dog.

You will need next ingredients:

• Half of cup of flour,
  • Half of cup of traditional rolled oats
  • Two tablespoons of baking powder
  • Half of tablespoon of baking soda,
  • Half of cup of applesauce,
  • One cup of water,
  • Half of cup of vegetable oil,
  • Three tablespoons of honey,
  • Two eggs,
  • One peeled apple
  • And cup of cheese.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, mix all ingredients together and make muffin shapes. Bake it for 20 minutes :)

Hey there, again.

I am so happy because Dalmatian lover started this topic. I believe that this is something the best on this site :)

Yesterday, I was making fruit and vegetable strips and my dogs were totally thrilled with it :)

Tomorrow, I am going to make some other biscuits :)

I remember that I was making some biscuits that contains : 3 cups of rolled oats, 3 / 4 cups of golden flax seeds, one cup of cheddar cheese, raw sugar and oat fool.

I don’t remember the procedure, but I think that you can make it like any other biscuits :)

I will try to find some other recipes :)

Hi there everybody. Wow, you guys definitely know a lot about making homemade biscuits for your dogs. I have to admit that I don’t know anything, so thank you for this post, it is very helpful. I always and only make biscuits with peanut butter. I know, I know, but I don’t have such imagination like you guys. My dog loves peanut butter biscuits so I never really had a reason to try and go with something else. I heard that it can affect my dog’s eyesight as someone mentioned above, but as far as I know, everybody gives these biscuits to their dogs and I personally have never heard anyone ever had any problems.

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry to hear about your lack of imagination there, Mima.

Cooking and making biscuits for your dog is good for both of you. Every time I decide to make biscuits for my dog, I try to make them different from any other time I’ve made them. So far, so good. I usually just grab anything that I have in my house. I made peanut butter biscuits as well, but they were never the same, I usually mix a lot of ingredients.

Take this for example: I did peanut butter with bananas once. Apples with a small amount of chocolate. Vegetables some another time (everything I found in the kitchen, except for onions). And so on.