Hello

My boyfriend wants to start with Eat clean diet. He hates his belly fat and he wants to transform it in a six pack abs. I told him that he must exercise a lot to lose that belly fat and that will be very hard. But he felt bad because he thought I don't believe he could do that. He found this eat clean diet and he thinks it will help him. Does anyone know what can I prepare for him while he is on this diet? He loves snacks so much so if you could tell me what snacks are allowed I would really appreciate it.

Hi

This ‘’snack’’ is very delicious. It isn’t so hard to prepare and I think your boyfriend will love it. It is actually a smoothie. This smoothie is perfect for breakfast, for a dessert or as a post workout snack. It’s very healthy and sweet but all of the sweetness comes only from fresh fruit. (There is no sugar added).

You will need one half of Greek yogurt, one cup of almond milk, six large frozen strawberries, one large banana and one quarter cup of wheat germ. Just put all of this in a blender and mix it for about 2 or 3 minutes. That’s all.

And I just remembered another thing that he can consume instead of chips and other unhealthy snacks.

This is one extraordinary salad which contains a mix of some very interesting flavors. I recommend it as a dinner or as an afternoon snack.

This salad is very healthy too. Because of its two main ingredients- watermelon and red onions, it contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients.

The ingredients are:

-          1 ounce of extra virgin olive oil

-          1 heirloom tomato (sliced)

-          1 cup of watermelon

-          1 bunch of arugula

-          half cup of red onion

-          1/4 feta cheese cubes, and

-          half ounce of white wine vinegar

Just layer all of the ingredients in a salad bowl and spread with olive oil.

Hi both

Aidan1 you gave us some very delicious and unusual recipes. They sound very tasteful. I must try them.

I have one fruit snack recipe: Broiled Mango. It sounds simple and it really is. You will just need two Ingredients- one big mango (peeled and sliced) and lime wedges. Preparation is very simple, just arrange mango slices in the prepared pan and broil until browned in spots (8 to 10 minutes). Serve in a plate and squeeze lime wedges over the broiled mango. This snack contains 1g of protein and 2 g of fiber but it does not contain artificial sugar. It also contains 50 % of daily value of Vitamin C.

Thank you, Mellisa8. I’m glad you liked it.
I have another healthy snack to recommend. I think you will love this one and I don’t see people making this often.
It is the peanut yogurt dip recipe. It’s not hard to prepare at all. It doesn’t contain sugar and it’s so tasty. You will need half cup of Greek yogurt (fat free) and 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter (I recommend crunchy one). Put both ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a spoon nicely. When it’s homogenized put it in a refrigerator for about one hour. You can serve it both with fresh fruits or fresh vegetables.

I remembered another one. Your recipe with peanut butter reminded me. I really love peanut butter but this homemade is so different than the one you can buy in supermarkets. I was so thrilled when I made it at home for the first time. A lot of people think that it is very hard to prepare it but they are wrong.

Spread the peanuts (shelled) in a pre heated oven and roast for about 20 minutes. After they are roasted let them cool for about 10 minutes. Next, add the peanuts to a food processor or a blender. Sprinkle in the salt (1/2 teaspoon) and blend for about 5-10 minutes on high speed.

Your homemade peanut butter is ready. :)

I also remembered another one. :) This snack is unusual but so delicious. I hope you are nut fan.

You will need one cup of raw almonds, one cup of raw pecans and one cup of raw walnuts. You will also need one teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/3 cup of honey. Just combine nuts and cinnamon in a bowl. Next add honey, toss to coat nuts. Add these cinnamon honey coated nuts to the slow cooker but be careful with honey. There is an oven method: Preheat oven and spread nuts over a cookie sheet. Remember to stir every 10 minutes. Roast until golden (about 20 minutes).