Anyone? Is it to camoflage sweat (and other) stains?

Non-black colors would tend to emphasize, um, certain things to the view of others. As in shapes.

I don't have those 'things' and ladies shorts only come in black too.

Things we all have but pretend we don't?

I've got a blue pair.

I don't have those 'things' This is good to know. ...and ladies shorts only come in black too.Also maybe black shorts would go with more colors that the shirts come in. A guess on this one.

black = slimming
bike shorts = spandex
cyclists = all sizes of people

'nuff said. :umno:

black = slimming bike shorts = spandex cyclists = all sizes of people 'nuff said. :umno:
That is the smartest thing I have heard all day. Shanny furiously aborts plans to make colorful bike shorts

in old days of euro racing they had to repair bikes on the fly - black shorts hid grease

Eeeew, there is an all girls tri team here and one year they had red shorts. All I can saw when wet they showed too much.

I do have a navy blue pair of tri shorts and they are just like black in my book.

Don't you guys know that black is the "in" color. Of course pink is the "new black" this year. Why don't you go find some pink shorts to wear and see how you feel.

:P

What is it with Canadiens and racism?

and here I thought you would offer some of the practicalities of wearing black biker shorts in mountain lion (or domesticated dog) regions. :shrug:

I have no clue about it 

Even the T-Mobile cycling team won't wear pink shorts.