Just looking for opinions on a problem I have during freestyle -- my right ear always gets plugged with water. I find that this seems to happen when I get more tired. I recover to the left about 90% of the time, so that ear is in the water more. But when I get tired, I think that I left my head during recovery (I'm thinking I might be "slapping" my head back into the water a bit). Just wondering if others have had a similar problem and how they worked around it.

Ear plugs and Macks Air dry when you get out of the pool.

Sheldon

I used to get water up my nose more than my ears. That has changed since I've improved my stroke. Do you wear a swim cap? I find that using a swim cap keeps water out of my ears.

I also wonder if certain breathing pattern allows water in the ear, you know, if you hold your breath a long time, etc. Try to have a consistent breathing pattern, blowing gently thru your mouth each time you put your face in the water, just before before you make a quick breathe in.