Hi! I have had a baby 2 months ago, and ever since I came home from the hospital me and my husband are dead tired from attending to the needs of our baby boy. We never find time for each other and hardly even talk. He has to work and when he comes home dead-beat I am already worn-out too, and, if baby sleeps then, we get a nap too. At night we usually take turn in attending the baby. When we do have time alone we usually must discuss some home-related issues and stuff. I would really like to know how do you find time for each other after you become new parents?

One word: babysitting! Arrange for someone to take care of your baby for at least few hours every week. If you cannot afford it you certainly have a friend or a family member who will be willing to help from time to time. And also use every moment you can seize to talk to each other face to face. Many couples use the time when baby sleeps to watch TV or talk on the phone. You must use it to focus on each other and it will make you feel more connected. Attend to your needs as well as baby’s because happy parents equal happier baby.

Hello! If you love one another you will always find time for each other but don’t you even think that it will be easy. You are both first time parents as I understand and you will have to spend a lot of time learning and adjusting to the baby’s needs. My advice, from personal experience, is to plan ahead. Organize all that can be organized before the baby is born. Buy books and read about what it takes to take care of the baby, seek advice and help from your parents or other parents you two know and divide the responsibilities among each other. That way when the baby comes you will be ready and have more time for yourselves or each other. Since your baby is already there you’ve missed this opportunity, but try to at least plan a day, or a week ahead. As baby will soon start to follow its routine regarding its sleeping and eating time you will be able to do that even more and I think it might help.