Hello! I am 23 years old and I am expecting my first baby, or better to say babies, since they are twins, in 3 month time. I really don’t know much about taking care of babies and since I will have two right away I am even more scared. Me and my husband just moved to another town and all our family and friends that could give us support live rather far. The thing that worries me the most is will I be able t o live up to all the obligations that await me. When I don’t get enough rest I don’t function well at all and that worries me the most. How to get enough sleep if you have twins?

Hi! I am a proud mother of two girls age 4, and I was as terrified as you before they were born. I am also a big sleeper and if I don’t get my 8 hours of sleep I turn into monster. Luckily my husband knew that before our twins came to be and was prepared to help in anything just to avoid that. We made a schedule and planned everything ahead, even before our girls were born. Don’t worry even if you are breast feeding, your husband can give them the substitute milk from the bottle and not wake you up every time they are hungry. They will get used to it and it will not interfere with your breast feeding. At least it didn’t with mine; you can consult your doctor to make sure it is ok though.

Hello! As a father of twins I must say that all husbands and dads must be there for their wives after twins are born. I tried to help my wife in everything I could. Also if you can afford it, it would be great to hire some extra hands to help around the house, wash the dishes and laundry and stuff, that way you’re wife can concentrate on the babies and get enough sleep. Believe me I have seen it: happy mother = happy babies! So dear moms don’t be ashamed to ask for help whenever you need it!

Since family members and friends are so far away, now is the time to start looking around for someone who can help you. You have plenty of time before the babies come to have some one on deck when the time comes.
It doesn't hurt to have someone around the house that will be able to assist you, at least for a few months until you get on a schedule. Check out Agencies that offer house keeping services, or nanny services. Not every day but maybe 2 or 3 days a week, even half days. Twins are tough on mom and sleep. One sleeps the other doesn't, one cries and wakes up the other one. If you require that much sleep, you will need some help.
Tho i was surprised when i had my son, as i could sleep around the clock before he was born. It seems like as soon as i brought him home, my maternal alarm clock was already pre set. I used to sleep so soundly a bomb dropped beside my bed would probably have had no affect on me. But when i brought him home, everything changed, i woke up at the slightest noise, every time.
Hubby can probably only have so much time off work, then you are on your own. That is why i suggest a little help for you. It may cost you a few bucks here and there, but your sanity is worth it. My sister in law had twins 2 years ago. Finally after trying to be "super mom" she got a women to clean the house once a week and she was much happier.