Hi guys. I need your help. Sometimes I think my parents think I'm a failure. I'm 16 and I'm in high school. I usually get pretty good grades in everything EXCEPT for math I'm horrible at math. They always yell at me and tell me to do better. I really do try! They never recognize anything I do. They never say "Good job for getting A's in this". They only ever concentrate on the negative. And it's not just with school. Before they get home from work I always try to make sure the house is clean because I know that they will be tired. My younger siblings are really messy and sometimes I get tired of cleaning up after them. So when my parents get home they're like. "This place is a mess! Why can't you guys give us a break! We don't want to be cleaning up when we just got home! Bla bla bla!" It makes me feel very bad because I spend a lot of time trying to keep the house clean just for them. I've talked to them before and they even said that they would try to recognize me when I do good things but it hasn't gotten any better. Whenever I try to speak to them again I just start crying a lot and I go to my room and give them the cold shoulder for the rest if the day. What should I do??? Please help :(

Ashez,

Your parents and yourself need to seek counseling for advice and help. It's not good to have negative thoughts, along with your parents crtisizing you all of the time. It's not good for them to be and stay aggetated like that all of the time. Maybe your family need to start having Bible Study at home, then gradually start going to church. "A family that prays together, stays together." Please remember that and let your parents know as well.

sscanady80, Thank you for replying to me. My family goes to a Catholic church every Sunday. we love our faith. I kind of want to go for some counseling but i dont want people to think i have "problems" if you know what i mean. i think i will just talk to them again. :)

Your parents are human too. They sometimes need reminding. I have a similar issue with my dad, he moans even if I get a B, even if I get 100% he jokes about how I should've done better. I feel for you, it's not nice to never hear "well done" especially from a man who sucked at school. He takes my education as a joke because it's all he knows how to do. He can't register anything on an emotional level but that's cause he's a bit weird.
Counselling isn't a bad idea but it shouldn't be the first resort, I've seen suggestions of counselling hurt family bonds. It doesn't take much to offend some people.
So I'd suggest the following. Keep reminding your parents that you need moral boosters, tell them how much their opinion matters to you when you do great in your subjects.
Maybe try tackle maths from a different angle. I for one couldn't do complex quadratics the way the teacher told us to do it so instead I used multiples and ended up being the fastest at doing them.
I suggest you tell your parents about your messy siblings ruining your efforts, it must be soul crushing to be told off despite your hard work.
Something I find works well is talking to a mediator, someone who can sit in the middle of a conversation and can try to help both parties understand each other.
Good luck I hope your parents come around.

I have been there. My younger sister NEVER has to try to succeed. I on the other hand give everything 110% and almost always fail. My parents also remind me of that fact several times a day.