I'm a very paranoid, nervous, and anxious person. Well for the past couple of months I've been convincing myself that I'm pregnant. I have had all of my periods and they have been normal except for one about 3 months ago. I've been to the gyno about 3 months ago and that time that I have convinced myself that I have concieved we used a condom and he didn't ejaculate in me.
am I just being paranoid or do I have a legitimate reason to be worried?

I believe you are paranoid, and that it is causing you to have fears which will cause problems with your happiness.

AT 3-4 months pregnant, unless the baby was DEAD for a long time, a pregnancy test would have to show up positive. A pregnancy test tests for a hormone that a living fetus excretes.]

HAVE you considered birth control?

Obviously IF you became pregnant you have options such as abortion, which ends a pregnancy, so you are never stuck.

I'm on birth control now. My gyno didn't do a urine test on me because I've been having all my periods so she doesn't suspect anything. She also did an exam and it was 6-8 weeks after the incident and they should have been able to tell due to the changes in the cervix.

but for some reason I'm still so paranoid. I have no symptoms and the light bloating I'm experiencing is due to the pills.

so I guess my chances are pretty slim?

and even if I did become pregnant, abortion is not an option. I come from religious people who will never go for me having an abortion. I would have to have their consent due to the fact that I live in a state where it is required if you are under 18.

I have some great info for you =)

OH.. I understand now.. You really want to make sure you are well protected. A cervix goes thorugh certain changes when you are pregnant, a doctor can look at it and be able to tell quite easily if you are pregnant. The pill stops ovulation, no egg=no pregnancy.. BUT, nothing is 100%, and I understand that you have concerns.

Have you thought about using a spermicide too? Some women use spermicides as an extra added bonus to the pill.

BTW.. You never need parental consent for an abortion thanks to a JUDICIAL BYPASS =) When a woman needs an abortion and she is UNDER 18, she can have a judicial bypass. IT is a free process, and the clinic that does the abortion would help you through it.

Basically you tell a judge that you need an abortion, but cannot tell your religious family. He would then grant you permission to have an abortion without telling anyone.

I WOULD NEVER force abortion, and I understand IF YOU personally are against it..
BUT I thought maybe you should know this information, just in case you or a friend ever need help.

hi, i read ur thing about being pregnant after 5 months and not know it, and i am having the same issue. i was a virgin til august and it was unprotected (stupid i know) but he supposedly pulled out, and i know thats not good either but i thought it was ok. if i am pregnant id be about 5 months now and i think i am. i dont have a gyno so i dont see a doctor about it. i have takin 2 home pregnancy tests and both were negative, one in august and one in november, i figured one would be able to tell if i was. i dont have too many symptoms. i have had 3 of the periods since then and it scares me, but my periods were never very accurate anyways, and i have had to pee alot. my stomach doesnt feel too hard or anything and i dont feel it moving either (if im pregnant). but i dont feel like im gaining weight, but i am a bigger girl anyways so its kinda hard for me to tell im showing or not. at times i think im just paranoid because it was my first time and everything, should i be worried or what? please someone help me. thanks, signed: anonymous!!

even if he pulled out you can still get pregnant from pre ejaculation

and you can also get pregnant being on birthcontrol. Not all birthcontrols work on certain people. I have known ALOT of women who have been on different kinds of birthcontrol and still got pregnant. And if you have a period that means you have ovulated at some point, there is no way for you to not have ovulated if you are still having your periods... hope this helps!

yeah, i was raised by a very religious family as well, and i still love them for that, but when you are in a very difficult place making a hard decision, abortion becomes something to think about. i chose it because i didn't want to cause my family shame. i always judged those who had them, but my experience just reminds me that i'm no better than anyone.

The last time I had sex was oct. 6, about five months ago. The condom broke, but he stopped. I've taken two tests since then & both were negative but I am late this month, which never happens. I'm generally a week earlier than the month before. I haven't felt any movement, but I have had some symptoms including mild heartburn whicch I have never experienced before. Is it probable that I am pregnant?

i'm having the same trouble... only problem is.. ive continuously been stupid and not used any protecton.. since march 6. i had 2 missed perios, in that time i had taken 2 pregnancy tests which were negative and on april 20th i got a 3day bleed...but i had been sexually active in between those times! now i feel bloated all the time, i have indigestion , im crying at everything and im paranoid that i can feel movement.. im a tiny girl so im not sure whether im showing or its just the bloating , but i already no girls that are my size and 6months pregnant with a no show! i dont know what to do!! help!!!

To correct or clarify, Guest who mentioned that having a period=ovulation. To clarify it is not that clear cut. I'm not sure if you meant when people are on the pill or not. 1) the objective of the pill is to stop ovulation and other processes that will minimize the chance of getting pregnant by changing your hormone levels so that you don't ovulate but will still have your period (I not going to discuss the exact science because I don't remember enough to verify it's accuracy). 2) many women have ovulation problems and do not know b/c they continue to have periods but they may not have been ovulating. The hormones related to ovulation cause your period not the actual release of an egg.

However, ovulation can still occur if you are on the pill. It is important to take your pill consistently EVERY day and at the same time. And if you do forget it or are late taking it you must use other options such as condoms for 7 days to prevent pregnancy because missing a pill can trigger ovulation and lead to pregnancy. The pill is something like 99% effective BUT ONLY IF TAKEN EXACTLY HOW IT IS MEANT AND BACKUP IS USED FOR MISSED PILLS. skipped pills drastically minimizes the effectiveness.

:'( i dont no if im actually pregnant but it was my first time and i think im six months pregnant and no misscarrage tho and i think i am but i have no way to go to a doctor or even get a test to see if i am ever since i have lost "it"my verginity it was at the last week of august and i had very unusual signs and pains but i was still haveing an irregular period but after my older sister got prego my periods got messed up and now im hanging out with two other people im not realated to and i get pains all the time and my stretchmarks are getting worse and i dont think that its all sympathy pains because i was getting pains before i found out that they was prego and now im starting to get more pains and i think i am i hope i am but then again i dont because i live in sc but my parents are sending me over to kentucky for boarding school and if i am pregnant than i will have the baby at that school and im very scared cuz i have always wanted a baby but it just seems everyone around me is getting pregnant and im starting to think about myself for once and i am getting pains even when im alone.................should i be concerned about my pains or should i just stop thinking about it i still think i am 6 months and sometimes my stomach gets hard in certain areas but i usually think nothing of it and just keep moving on but when i go to bed i have problems sleeping on my left side and i cant sleep on my stomach and sometimes like now i get the little butterflies or flutters in my stomach and i just think im cold but last night i was on my bed layn on my right side and my back started to hurt and my right side was hard and i put my hand there and pushed down and idk what i felt but it felt like a sac and i dont feel kicking but i get random pains and have to sit a certain way...................please help me i dont no what to do or think the only thing i can think is im a big girl and i looked prego b4 i lost "it" and still do help me please i can only think that and if i am i will give birth in like 3 months and that would be in june or july...........................................................please help %-) %-) %-) %-) %-)

:O you need to go to a doctor.... for the sake of your childs health and your own.... i knew a girl who was pregnant, kept it a secret until she had the baby, and in the hospital Department of Children Services ended up taking the baby from her cuz they said she was neglegant to her child by not getting prenatal care.... every state is diffrent, but if you care, you will go to the doc.... i know you are scared, but if you deal with it right now, if you are pregnant, which it sounds like you are, it will be much better than having a baby "unexpectedly" and going through the drama of giving birth to a child without prenatal care.... also, look around in your area for support groups or programs in your area that deal with situations like yours... i live in memphis, tn and there is a place called baby love.... they provide a place for you and your child to live, counseling, food, transportation to doctors, and you are surrounded by women in your same situation.... wish you the best, write back if you need some more advice!!!! ;-)

That is completely incorrect. Every woman is different, and it is by no means right that at 3-4months the baby would be dead if the pregnancy test did not detect it. Some women produce lower levels of HCG than others. For example, I have a sister who took 6 pregnancy tests and all tested negative. She scheduled a doctors visit some time later and she tested positive. By the time her pregnancy was confirmed she was 4 months pregnant already. Another friend, only tested positive at 6 months, and she by the way had her period/bleeding, throughout her entire pregnancy.

i miss my period for 3 months now