Greetings everyone. I am very sad because my good friend mom passed away this afternoon. She was like other mom for me. I remember when I was a little girl, I was spending a lot of time with them, with her in her house. Now, I am extremely scared for my friend because she was really close with her mom. Especially because I do know that she is sick. She is having this artificial heart. I just want to know how doses an artificial heart work? I want to know this because she will be stressed more than ever. Thank you! 

Hey Couch. It must be very hard. Of course that she can’t be that stressed because it can only make a worse her condition, but let’s be real – people in those conditions can’t be calmed. I don’t know how to help her. In this condition, the heart is the engine inside your body that keeps everything running, but literally everything. Basically, the heart is a muscular pump that maintains oxygen and blood circulation through your lungs and body. The heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood just in one day. Now, like any engine, if the heart is not well taken care of it can break down and pump less efficiently, a condition called heart failure. And the heart is engine as well. Her heart works totally opposite. 

As far as I know, this is an electronic package. This is an implanted in the abdomen of the recipient of the transplant to monitor and control the pumping of the heart. Power from this advice is supplied from an external source to components under the skin, without penetrating it. This device is using inductive electromagnetic coupling, at the same principle as used by transformers to transfer electricity between different circuits, as in the national grid. The rectifier is used to change this alternating current into direct current that can be used to power the electronics of the heart and its controller. Of course that she should not be that stressed at all.

Hey there. Yes, that is it. I totally forgot to mention this. Now I can see that I was a little bit confused when I was writing this down, but you need to know that I was stressed a little bit. Funeral was today and my friend looks really bad. She had this procedure seven month ago. I am afraid that she can’t stand this. But anyway, she had a lot of doctors around her so I don’t believe that this is going to be a problem.  Anyway, I would like to know what are the main things that you need to know about this, what do you need to know if you are having artificial heart?

Hello there. I don’t think that there are rules that you need to know and that you need to follow to have healthy, normal life. If you already have artificial heart, you should know that quality life can really help you in this. So, you need to know how to lead quality life, you need to be less stressed. This is not a case for your friend, but you should talk to her about this a little bit and you should spend a lot of time with her. Tell her that for own good she needs to be stressed less.  

Hey there guys! Artificial hearts can now completely, if temporarily, replace the ventricles and valves with a device made of plastic or other man - made materials, which does the job of pumping blood around. The type of artificial heart that was given to Green, made by Syncardia Systems, works by using a pump carried externally in a backpack – previously, patients would have to be connected to a large, immobile pump and would not have the freedom to move around. I recently found this on the internet because I was really surpassed and curious how this heart works. I hope that this is helpful. 

Look Couch, like I already told you - I think that your friend already knows how to live with artificial heart. It is really good thing because it can help your heart work without having any problems. Now, I know that your friend is stressed but I am also sure that she knows how she needs to behave in this case. This is electronic package, like The Big Z already mentioned and it works really good in every case. Healthy and calm lifestyle is not possible in many cases, but we all should try to live like this. Take care of your friend!