I know there is an amazing protection mechanism called the immune system inside of human body. I know well it is designed to defend you against millions of bacteria, microbes, viruses, toxins and parasites. I could only imagine how they would love to invade our body, but thanks to immune system, it is not going to happen. That is why I think immune system has great role in our life. Could anyone tell me something more about it, and how does immune system works?

To understand the power of the immune system, all that you have to do is look at what happens when someone dies. I know that might sounds gross, but it does show you something very important about immune system. When something dies, its immune system along with everything else shuts down. In a matter of hours, the body is invaded by all sorts of bacteria, microbes, parasites, and interesting is that anything of these things are not able to get in when immune system is working. In the moment, that immune system stops working, the door is wide open. Once that someone die, it only takes a few weeks for these organisms to completely dismantle body and carry it away, until all that's left is just a skeleton. Obviously, immune system is doing something amazing to keep all of that dismantling from happening when human is alive.
The immune system is complex, intricate and interesting, and field of many researches. It is long story to explain how immune system works. All I could say now is that immune system helps body fight all strange substances that might harm to organism.