I have a friend whose mother has some health problems. He told me that was all about nerve system, so I do not understand it. Now I decided I want to learn something so I am asking you to help me. Can you explain to me what nerve system is, just nerves in our body or something else? I would appreciate anything, I know this area is huge, but I need just some basic info about nerve system.

Human nerve system could be divided into central and peripheral nerve system. Central nerve system is made up of the spinal cord and brain. Spinal cord conducts sensory information to the brain. Beside this, it conducts motor information from brain to peripheral muscles and glands. The brain receives sensory input from the spinal cord as well as from its own nerves. Both the spinal cord and the brain consist of white and gray matter. Difference is that spinal cord contain white matter at the surface, and gray is inside, while in the brain it is different. Both the spinal cord and brain are covered in three continuous sheets of connective tissue, called meninges. From outside in, these are dura mater, the arachnoid, and the pia mater. Those are some basic anatomical facts you must understand and after this it come their function. It is quite complicated area of human body, nerve system, and it would take you few months to learn info that we know about it for now.