very painful. I showed it to several dermatologits and skin specialists in Bangalore, India.
These kept on coming and going every month depending upon the anti biotic i took.
It is 2008 and and the Folliculitis continue to really bother me.
There have been times when i have got over 100 boils on my scalp.
These are the following medicines i have taken but all of them giving me relief only for a week or 2 weeks
1. Augmentin 625 mg ( with Dapsone 100 mg ) (Fucidin & Nadoxin Cream)
2. Sefdin 300 mg ( with Dapsone 100 mg ) (Fucidin cream, Cetrilak soap & Selsum shampoo)
3. klox 500 mg ( T bact cream) (Fucidin cream, Cetrilak soap & Selsum shampoo)
4. Enhancin 625 mg (Fucidin cream, Cetrilak soap & Selsum shampoo)
5. Widcef 500 mg ((Fucidin cream, Cetrilak soap & KZ shampoo)
6. Isotane 20 mg with widsef
7. Injection Benzathin Pencillin
8. Lynx 500 mg with glacex
9. Xceft 100 mg with Absolut
10. Augmentin 625 mg with longin
11. Clamp 625 mg with Sotret 20 mg ( emoderm cream )
12. Rcin 600 mg ( Soapex soap, Selsum shampoo, fucidin cream )
All the above medicines were rotated once or twice and taken for 4 years.
Augmentin was taken for over 1 year with 2 months interval.
I have got blood tests done every year.
Here is the basic blood test report:
PUS culture test:
Sensitivity to cephalecin, ofloxacin, norfloxacin, ampicillin
REsistant to : Augmentin, co trimoxazole, chloramphenicol
I am 26 year old. Got Folliculitis in 2005.
If anyone can reccomend me some thing. i would appreciate it.
I have tried Homeopathy & Naturopathy but of no Success.
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
he is very good and hope you will find a complete solution..
I am suffering from the same problem since 2006. I am 23 years old. I have studied alot on this topic on internet also. Like you I had also undergone various drugs such as Klox, Doxycyclin, Cefadur 500, Azithromycin 500, Amoxyclin 625 (thrice a day), presently Isotrin 20 mg, its got treated for some time but re-occur. Now I am fed up with this. Almost every remedy has been tried from my side till now. Though, homeopathy is remaining. That is the last option for me. If u get any way out, please share. Please also share ur experience with homeopathy also.
As got advised from others, a U.S. brand shampoo T-GEL Neutrogena is effective. But it is very costly and not available in Chandigarh (India). May be available at your place. you can check.
I have also this same problem for the last 3 years. please suggest me what u have medications for this.
use Homeopathy as below...
1. for Inflamation and Boils- Hepar sulf 30+ Silecia 30 - alternate- every 2 hrs daily till 7 days
2.If Blisters - add Erysipelas 30 evry 6 hrs
3. If Blood is infected and boils are shown near other parts of body- add Lachesis 30 every 8 hrs
4. If Pus in Boils - add Anthracinum 30 once daily
Hope this helps