Hi, I am 24 years old and I have big problem. I have an abnormal fear of being in enclosed or narrow places, often called claustrophobia. I have tried to exceed this on my own, but I didn't make it. I need professional help. I am not to sure about hypnosis. I would like to know how does it work? I must carry on with my life.

I had a lot of prejudice first time I was hypnotized. This was, of course, due to great influence of movies, comic books and television. Now I know better. It is important to know that you are not hypnotized slave. You are not in a semi-sleep state. It is more like daydreaming, and you have absolute free will during this process. You must believe in your hypnotist. He will guide you trough your trance state. Characteristics of this state are extreme suggestibility, relaxation and heightened imagination. Hypnosis will only help you.