Starting a like a year and a half ago I lost 23 pounds (178 to 155) But now a year and a half later, I am back up to 176. I find this extremely discouraging. I restarted my program about 5 weeks ago, so my goal this week was 171. Yet my weight goes down a few pounds and then right back up. WHAT DO I DO!? I am losing all strength to keep this us. I cry basically everyday about it, and I can't keep going on like this.

I know how you feel and I can tell you what worked for me. For the first time ever I lost weight and have kept it off for a couple of years now. :-D There is no magic when it comes to weight loss. It is simply a matter of calories but I know that's not as easy as it sounds. We eat more than we actually need/want just because it's around us ALL the time!
I used the R&D Diet Cookies to lose weight. They taste good and they are really filling and satisfying. There's a variety of flavors so I was never bored. I usually started the day with them. They come 6 in a bag so they were easy to carry with me whereever I went. Whenever I got a little hungry I ate 1 or 2 with coffee/tea/diet soda. I would tell myself... "I will eat a cookie then decide if I want to go get something to eat". WOW! That worked because just a soon as I was finishing the cookie, I wasn't hungry anymore and forgot about going to get something to eat. I ate a well rounded, low calorie meal in the evening. Sometimes I had yogurt & fruit in the afternoon. The biggest change was that I would snack on one late at night instead of eating anything else.
You don't have to lose the weight quickly if you don't want to, but adding in the R&D Diet Cookies will make a bit difference and the weight will come off as easy as it was to put on! The cookies are rather good for you. They are basically a high protein/fiber/whole grain bar and it's amazing how well they work. Good Luck! I hope I helped you stop yo-yo-ing! :-)