I know there is quite a few topics about dieting...but I really need advice because I want to feel good about my body!

I am 14 years old and I am 5'6 and I weigh 135 pounds. I want to lose about 20 pounds but I don't want to go on a very strict diet because I am scared to lose too much weight.
For breakfast I usually have a bowl of Special K cereal
I don't eat lunch.
For dinner I eat whatever my mother gives me such as steak, fish, pasta, or chicken.

I also drink about 4 glasses of milk each day and I was wondering if instead of all that milk should I replace with a special drink? I also do ballet but I don't do as much of it as I used to so I was wondering what other good sports or exercises should I try? I really want to strengthen my abs so if there is any type of exercise that can help me get abs that would be so awesome!

I really want to lose weight because of comments coming from classmates and friends and I know I shouldn't pay any attention to them but its hard you know? Please give me some advice...I would greatly appreciate it.

okay first of all don't loose 20 pounds, thats unrealistic and with your height it'll look unhealthy. go for 10 maybe 15. and second of all never skip a meal, it slows down your metabolism. good luck.

Okay thank you!

definitely don't skip a meal! as said above, it decreases your metabolism, so i would recommend having a sandwich using wholemeal bread. try and get your mum to cook something healthy with plenty of vegetables.

oh and if you really want to drink that much milk, try drinking skimmed! or at least semi skimmed.

good sports to try are swimming and running. if you're looking for something a little more interesting i would recommend trying a gym, as you will not only be able to use the gym equipment but you;'ll be able to take part in all sorts of fitness classes which will be fun and a great way to lose weight.

hope this has helped!

Hi Rikka980,
I totally agree with jennalee223. Dont skip your meals rather do some exercise and may be cut out on those oily and fried foods.

okay, i am trying to lose weight as well. i have found it best by eating small healthy snacks throughout the day. Do not eat passed six if you get hungry then just chew gum. Do not eat a big meal like i said small snacks. you really do not need to lose twenty pounds, as said above, it would make you look unhealthy. just make sure you exercise daily. make sure you have a rest day because you dont want to over work your muscles. cardio, and hiit workouts are really good. also if you drink some vinigar with a type of juice once a day (half in half) it also helps. make sure to stay healthy and not to lose to much weight! good luck :)

burn more calories than you eat

You are younger than me (I am 16), shorter than me (by an inch or two), and you do NOT need to lose twenty pounds. I am not saying this to be one of those people that say "You are perfect the way you are", I am saying this from a scientifical point of view. You are in fact, at a NORMAL weight for your height! If anything you are probably below your BMI!

Ignore those stupid classmates and those poor excuses that you call "friends", friends do NOT say that you should lose weight or that you are fat! Especially when you don't! If you lose anymore weight I would be afraid that you are going anorexic.

Long story short, you do NOT need to lose weight, if you lose anymore weight, you will sincerely put your health in danger!

Hello paul,This article is awesome and cool.. I will used it to do my lose weight quickly & safely to my body.. Im trying all the stuff just to lose weight quickly but still not.Finding The Workout That’s Right For You...I have one meal a day, most daily. I also love not having to pack anything for dinner.But it can cause me headache for lose weight quickly.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Don't drink milk a whole lot drink water instead.dont eat big portions.do plaques to help get abs