It looks like there is a large outbreak of folliculitis in my son’s school. Well, when I say large, I mean three kids in his class has it, but I think I have heard that this condition is contagious. Anyway, I would just like to know how is this folliculitis diagnosed. I just hope that he won’t get it, he has been sick from colds and flues for entire year, once in two months.

Well, I guess you really have reasons to be afraid for your child, since this condition usually attacks those with low level immune system and we can freely say that your son’s immune system has surely been damaged a lot. Anyway, even if your kid gets affected, there is nothing to be afraid. It will pass; you can use several medical preparations, even shampoos for this situation. As for symptoms, you will see plaques and blisters – that should be enough for you to know your kid is sick.