I HAVE BEEN MARIED FOR 10 YRS. AND HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE CHLAMYDIA I HAVE NEVER CHEATED ON MY HUSBAND AND HE SWEARS THAT HE HAS NEVER CHEATED ON ME. SO MY QUESTIONS IS IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A PERSON TO HAVE CHLAMYDIA FOR MORE THAN 10 YRS. AND AFTER 10 YRS. BE TESTED POSSITIVE FOR IT? I HAD A VAGINAL TEST DONE THIS AUG OF THIS YR. AND IT WAS NEG. PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED %-)

Yes, this infection can lie dormant for quite some time and most women have no symptoms at all. Be happy you detected it before you did have severe symptoms that could really affect your health. This is really easy to get rid of you just go on some antibiotics.. There really is no big deal here. I have never heard of a vaginal test? Did you have a pap smear? Because if you had a pap smear that doesn't test for chlamydia.

Good luck.

I HAD A VAGINAL CULTURE TAKEN BECAUSE I HAVE SOME THICK DISCHARGE I WAS RETESTED AGAIN TODAY AND WILL GET THE RESULTS THIS FRI. BUT IF IT WERE DORMANT FOR 10 YRS DO YOU KNOW WHY IT DID NO HARM TO MY 2 CHIDREN? I HAVE AGAIN BEEN MARRIED FOR 10 YRS AND HAVE A 9 YR. OLD BOY AND A 4 1/2 YR. OLD GIRL AND FROM THE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE IT CAN CAUSE PID. AND I ALSO HAD A VAGINAL CULTURE TAKEN THIS LAST AUG.? HELP ME AGAIN PLEASE. P.S. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A VAGINOSIS? THE NURSE PRACTITIONER STATED THAT I HAVE THAT ALSO