Me and my girlfriend have known each other for a bout 3 years now and have been on off only twice in that time. Weve just recently starting dating again for a bout 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks were great, she came over just about everyday and we would just cuddle and watch movies and such. i would cook for her and get her little gifts because i know one of her language of love is gifts and that has kept her happy. But this last week has almost been agonizing. over the weekend she never called me, where before she would call me 3+ times a day and every time i called her she seemed really depressed and evasive of me like she didnt want to talk about something. shes always said things that really hurt me but its evident in the last week its happening a lot more and i cannot shake the feeling that theres something shes not telling me something and then my imagination goes wild and i have a feeling shes cheating and just trying ot avoid the guilt. i just got off the phone with her and she said that she wouldnt really care if i broke up with her and kept dropping rally rude comments like she wants to get really drunk and do crazy sh*t tonight. and stuff like that worries me. She is not diagnosed with bipolar disease but we both think she does have some kind of mental disorder. she also has some heart problems from being eating problems in the past and is taking medication for that. im not sure if that has anything to do with this or not. Please im at the end of going crazy i have no idea what to do. i feel like i should break up with her to protect myself. any help would be very much appreciated.

i'd like to say you would know if she was bipolar or not but sometimes it can be very subtle and then manic and then depression. My son is bipolar and his girlfriend is at her wits end with him. He is rude to her and its all about him. Even when things are going good its all about what she can do for him. Then he ignores her or is overly loving to her and smothers her with affection. Never know from one day to the next. Going to a psychologist was really helpful to both of them. Maybe if you suggest this she would be responsive for herself if nothing else. You did not mention your ages which could have something to do with her behavior.

Im 16 and she is 15. But i have thought about some psychologist but she can be so stubborn and she doesnt like people helping her. shes pretty adamant about being independent. but yes exactly its like i dont know how to act around her most of the time because her mood can be all over the place. but i try everything i can to do for her. shes just starting to run me eragged.

My boyfriend freaked out on me last week with a bipolar episode. for the last 8 month he quits me every week but wants to continue being friends. He associated his mood swings and distance and coldness to the lack of sleep from sleep apena so I adjusted and worked with him. Never once during our breakups has he ever apologized or took personal responsibility for his behaviors. Each time it was always my fault and I would have to apologize as if it was my behaviors that caused the problems. Last weekend he flirted with one of my friends and we talked about it calmly and he acknowledge my request but that morning he came out dressed inappropriately for that environment and then justified his reasoning when asked about it.

This is the first time I have ever seen these behaviors displayed and suddenly, in an outrage he began screaming and cursing at me. At this point I was so concerned because I had never seen the abusive side of him. He got in the back seat and refused to get up front. We drove 7 hours and he was hostal towards me. He blamed me and said I embarrassed him--told me this time he never wanted to be in a relationship with me ever again but he still wanted to be friends.

I told him I could not separate my love for him and I was no longer willing to play the back n forth game anymore; therefore, I was not willing to be his friend. He got verbally abusive in a way I have never experienced before and said some harsh things to me. I remember he briefly mentioned bipolar medicine after one of our many break ups so I begin reading up on it, he got angry at me for discussing bipolar with him and accused me of trying to fix and control him. At this point he has cut me completely off refusing my communication. After reading so many stories I decided I am willing to work with him because I love him. I did ask myself was I sticking around because my dad left my mother when she was diagnosed with some type of mental illiness. No, I want to work it out because I really do love him.

From the information posted on the net, he has to be willing to do something different. I know I can't change nor fix him but I can stick by him, no matter what! We need prayers!!!!!!! People are telling me to walk away but I know together we can work through this; after all, I have survived 8 months of episodes not knowing what was really going on, everyone says education and communication is the key.

Redd-leopard

wow sounds so controling,almost sociopath like, therapy and meds could help,be careful.im bipolar and i apologize to my love anytime i think iv wrongfuly mistreated him