I am 17 and recently had Chlamydia. I want to know how long I have to wait before having sex again. Everything is ok with me now, but I still want to know do I have to wait for some time to pass before having sex?

I have to say that I am surprised with your question. Don’t get me wrong but you are young and you need to know all the risks that come along with having sex. You need to know how to protect yourself during sex. But it seems to me that all you want to know is when you can have sex again. We think that teenage women who receive a diagnosis of a sexually transmitted disease may learn about prevention as a result. However, the reality is not like that because young women with a history of STD were no more motivated to use condoms. Teenagers who have had an STD may know more than others, however, these young people often fail to translate that knowledge into preventive behavior. Because of this they remain at risk of further infection. I have to tell you that your doctor is the only one who can tell you are you ready to have sex again after STD.