I am now 15 years old, my birthday is in July. I had been doing quite well in losing some weight, like a stone in about 12 months not doing anything different at all, just going to the gym a few times a week and not drinking and fizzy drinks, other then that exactly the same diet as before. Now, though, even though I am still going to the gym and not drinking fizzy drinks, I have put on a few pounds. I am not saying I was slim in the first place, but it is still very annoying, and I haven't really eaten much more than before. I am really annoyed as I am like the fat one in my group of friends at school and I feel embarrassed whenever I have to take my top off for PE or something like that.

Would eating just 3 meals a day of a small amount of cereal in the morning, some fruit at lunch and then a fuller meal at evening make me lose weight? I need to lose this before my next birthday in the next few months, and the frustrating thing is I know I have good muscles underneath the belly and MBs. I am really determined this time to make it work, now there is a girl who likes me and i like her, and she said she would sleep with me if i could get this weight shifted, which is almost the light at the end of the tunnel as far as this weight loss is concerned.

And also, how do you build fitness levels up by running? BY gradually building up the distance every few weeks? PLease advise on this and other exercise routines. And woul protein shakes make me put one more weight?

Thanks! 8) 8)

What does hitting the gym involve for you? Do you lift weights? I have had great success with weights because this increases your metabolism for quite some time. By increasing your metabolism and eating healthy (I ate only ~2400-2700 calories with minimum fat content and a good amount of protein and good carbs) your body can use the stored fat to repair your muscles.

What I ate: Celery, bananas, lean chicken, lean turkey burgers, subs without any mayo or fatty sauces, wheat instead of whole grain breads, salads with low amounts of dressing, low calorie whey protein, lots of water, low fat cheese and I only ate when I was hungry.

I started off with low weights and higher reps to get the form down and not to injure myself. Then I worked to higher reps with intense workouts atleast twice a week and a mild workout once or twice a week with a little cardio incorporated in the mix.

I don't understand your "fitness level" question but I have significantly improved my cardio endurance by running on a treadmill further or on a higher incline everytime. My goal on the treadmill is to burn calories and not distance and this is probably what you want also.

I wanted to burn atleast 2000 calories a week from working out. This was achieved by burning about 600 calories/ hour through intense lifting sessions.

With this workout/diet routine, I dropped a noticeable amount of fat and gained muscle at the same time. Also one thing to remember is that it is not possible to lose fat from a certain area of your body alone (can't just work out your abs to lose stomach fat alone). You have to lower full body fat. Have someone to workout with or encourage your eating habits, it helps a lot.

Protein shakes will help you get the required amount of protein in your diet without having to eat lots of eggs, chicken or other protein rich foods. This could help you cut fat out of your diet.

Hi, thanks for the reply,

When I got to the gym (Mon, Wed, Fri) I do 15 minutes on the cycling machine, 10 on the rowing machine, then some weights, low weight bench presses and leg lifts. I also try and do 100 sit ups a day, which has helped a little. At home i also do some bicep and tricep work (low weight high rep.)

Also, in the holidays and at weekends I try to get out and do a run for about 25 minutes before breakfast.

I feel like I am getting a lot stronger, but I have not lost any body fat in the past couple of months, which is quite demoralising.

Will.

Are you raising the resistance or times? I would raise the resistance, especially on the weights if you seem to have plateaued.

I have not raised the times or reps, but I am going to start gradually raising the resistance I lift.

Will.