Hello! I wanted to ask you a few questions. The first thing I wanted to ask you about is –is there really a pet insurance and how come I never heard of it before?? Is this a thing in many countries or…? And how does it work? If this is really something that you can do, I would definitely get insurance for my dog since he is sick all the time and I’ve spent a small fortune in vet clinics. So do they cover all the veterinary costs or only some part of it? And finally, what is the best insurance for pets?

Hello there.

I don’t know that much about it. I am always wondering is this a good thing or not. I was reading a lot about it and here is what I found out. I believe that the best insurance is one that covers your pet from head to his paw. Pet insurance should cover your pet’s veterinary bill and cover his injuries, illnesses, genetic conditions and much more.

It needs to cover all his treatments. To be honest I am still looking for the right one that is going to cover treatment for the puppies. But when you are looking for it I think that you should seek for those options :)

Good luck.

Hello everyone. Oshikuru I had a lot of troubles finding the best insurance for all my pets. At least I give up. You wanna know why? Because whenever I was going and whoever I tried to ask more about it, they were all like “my pet insurance is the best for your dog”. The prices are pretty much the same, they offer pretty much the same things so I was not able to choose any of them. And I didn’t. It is very complicated process. I am visiting vet with my pets on the regular basis and I am not thinking about pet insurance anymore. Good luck to you.

Hey there.

I am glad because I have found this topic because I am seriously thinking to buy insurance for my Boo.

I didn’t consider to buy for my Hope as well but who knows, maybe I will change my mind.

I have a lot of doubts about this issue. Half of my friends have it and they think that it is not that worth of buying because their pets are not sick very often. Some of them don’t even think to buy it.

I am not sure what to think but I am glad that I have found your advices :)

If you have more experience with it let us know.

Well there are four types of these insurances. Before you choose one of them you need to think about several things and those are: your dog’s age, the possibility of him getting in an accident and about how much money you are willing to pay for the insurance itself.

My choice is definitely lifetime insurance. It covers all the accidents, injuries and illnesses for as long as your dog lives. It even includes covering for dental care expenses and expenses for burial.

It’s a bit more expensive than all the other types of insurance though, but I think it’s the best choice.

Yes that’s true. There are four sorts of insurances. There is Accident only insurance which includes covering medical expenses in case of an accident. It does not cover long term illnesses.

The next type is Time Limited insurance. This covers both illnesses and accidents, but only for a limited period of time.

The next type is Max Benefit. The same as the previous one but without any limit on the length of treatment. This very useful when you have a pet with some type of chronic or persistent illness.

That’s it, so choose according to your needs, you know the best what is it that you need.

Thank you all for the answers. My dog has IBD or to be more precise he has ulcerative colitis. It is a chronic disease that affects the dog’s digestive system. It is an autoimmune disease and it’s it causes inflammation of the bowel. That leads to forming ulcers in my dogs bowels and it is something that needs to be treated. It is starting to become every expensive. Both the controls and the meds that my vet is prescribing. I am thinking to go with that Max benefit insurance you mentioned. It seems good, I just hope it is not too expensive.

Hey guys.

Nice answers everyone but I need to tell you that I like Mia answer the most. There are so many useful information for us who want to know more about it.

Now I am seriously thinking to get insurance first for my Boo, and then for my cat Hope.

I was talking with my friend today and she told me that her vet recommended her Max Benefit insurance because he believes that this insurance has everything that our dog needs.

I now believe that it has all benefits that I need. I will think about it a little bit more :)

Thank you guys.