I am a father of three and about to split up with my wife. I have already moved out and am staying with my mother in another state at the moment. I know that leaving like that can look bad when we get to court but I didn't know what else to do as the situation could no longer carry on like it was and I had nowhere else to go. I don't want to lose custody of my kids, though I do know that judges almost always automatically award custody to the mother. What do you think I can do? How can I prevent the loss of custody over my kids?

well there are 3 kinds of custody joint custody where ur childs switch houses each day( 1 at yours next hers.nerxt yours and so on) then the others is sole custody where u get full custody and i forget the third...
the judge tends to grant cusstody to the [arent who can provide more to there child
-Education
-clothes
-shelter
=-food
-health care
and has a steady good paying job