Drinking and drugs are the common reasons why there are countless groups of unruly teens on the street, front yard and across the street.  The groups of hellraisers flock from the house next door to the house across the street. Happy,happy, joy, joy it's july.  Urgg.  Fireworks blasting off, like cannons in the front yard.  I need some answers on what to do and of course, legally. Air horn is one idea, but my kiddos have to endure that as well.  I am going crazy.  Police presence does not even work.

i TOTALLY understand, and why can't the police do anything? Also you could check into seeing if the house next to your or accross from you is rented! I sneakly found the phoned number of the man that owns the house next to me - I went to City Hall paid $35 and got the owners information (from the tax record) I BEGGED him NOT to keep letting in scummy drug dealers, and he would promise that he wouldn't. Then just rented out to whoever came first! So what I did was I contacted the City - liason or community arbitrator - and told them about what was happening! they don't get involved (they are in the middle sort of thing) so they contacted him and as SOON as they contacted him - to come into a meeting infront of a judge, all of a sudden the people next door stopped doing what they were doing! And I also found out that I could actually sue him for lowering my quality of life! So do that first they HAVE to have parents - there is NO way they are in this house by themselves and IF they are it's DEFINITELY not bought it's rented! And you make the owners life a living hell! Most jurisdictions have noise bylaws, so phone in. Get a sympathetic ear - from the city - and tell them it's like living in hell! also tape what is going on - and contact your media!

I know part of you wants to go out there and challenge them, but DON'T do what I did, I actually went outside and this young girl was staring me down, and I said "You want to have a go sweetheart?" and she replied "Sure" so I said "OK Lets go sweet cheeks!" and put out my arms like some bloody rap artist!!! LOL The group thought I was INSANE and this girl turned and started walking, and I'm shouting behind her "That's right you little B, you keep on walking, don't look back"! My neighbor came running over and was FREAKING out, I got into SO much trouble from my husband!!! LOL But MAN did it feel good - to show them I wasn't afraid of them! 

Don't be dumb like me though - as our car was stolen about 6 weeks later! Just use EVERY tool the judicial and social groups have! Tape these punks, both video and audio, call the police if you see pot or think it's a grow op! Tell them or show them the hell you are in! And IF there is a mother or father who is one of their guardians, phone social services on them! There are some REAL loser "parents" and I use that term VERY lightly! And the more that they find they are being watched or investigated the more they will want to leave! IF you live in Britain and in a council flat, you complain to the council! I even sent an email to my aunts local council in Wales regarding the punks living across the street from her!

You QUIETLY cause them just as much upset as they are causing you! Make sure they DON'T know who is doing the complaining! Phone in about weeds, tall grass, illegal this or that etc. And let me tell you NO PUNK is going to want ALL this attention on them! Just make sure you get a sympathetic ear of the police or the city or social services! Tape it and send an email cc ing your local news outlet! NO police deparment wants to be seen as being soft on punks! So IF they see the video of the punks in action, they will HAVE to do something and IF they don't contact the Police chief! Don't be a pain, or have them think you are being a nusciance, just let them know you are at your wits end! Good luck and I hope your are successful in getting these s**m bags out of there!

Thank you, i like your advise. I meant to vote up your response. Your awesome, have a great day.

Are you sure its drinking and drugs and just not parenting?

Why blame drinking and drugs when its a parents responsibility to manage and maintain a child.

The problem is some parents just do NOT care about what their children are doing! And they usually don't like ANYONE telling them different!

Over the years we have taken in several children - usually from HORRIBLE homes! It is SO hard to believe what these "parent" do and more importantly DON'T do! 1 of the boys and his sister that stayed half time, had 2 parents that were complete and utter drunks! These kids didn't have winter coats, boots, jackets even gloves! BUT they always came over STINKING of smokes and stains from booze - the reason is that they had to take back ALL the booze bottles for money - for booze and cigarrettes! These children started with coming over in the morning - around 7am for something to eat (keeping in mind this is Grade 4 and 5 kids), they would go to school from MY house, come back to my house AFTER school, I would sit the kids around the table - for them to do their homework, I would feed them dinner, and then around 10:30 I would have to push them out! And if they boy stayed the night his sister would CRY so hard as she didn't want to go home! We bought and donated clothes for them, we dressed them up for halloween and my husband took all the kids around! And the final straw is when the boy came over with a black eye - from the step father! I LOST it! So eventually we had custody of him - they didn't care, and the sister was VERY upset that she couldn't be taken in too. By the time we had custody of him he was into gangs, drugs, theft etc. And we were eventually victims of his criminal be behaviour! It was DEVASTATING! We basically had raised him for YEARS, and he did this and showed little remorse and finally when some other things happened we had enough and I took his mother to court - where she had to detail the abuse he suffered. And the judge said that social services would now be involved in their lives! so he was sort of safer with them. Within about 5 months after he went home he was arressted and has been in a gang every since! We tried SO hard - but it was too late! And he hated authority SO much that he even put our lives in jeperody! I still talk to him on Facebook - and his and his buddys  posts turn my stomach! And THAT is how a hooligan is born! Also some "punks" come from good falies and they are DEVASTATED when it turns out that their child is now a gang member! It's ALL walks of life, all earning levels and ALL nationalities! So they just don't care, and they WILL take down the area with them! Thus me saying for this person to SECRETLY bring the "house" down on them!