I am soooo confused..I went to the hospital for kidney stones and the nurse said.."Honey, did you know you were pregnancy test came back positive??".....well I passed more than a kidney stone because I had my tubes tied 7 months ago....they did blood work and said "oh the blood work is negative, so you are not pregnant." UGH??? I am having very clear signs of pregnancy and I have only passed kidney stones pregnant...I called my Ob/Gyn and they didn't seem too concerned, squeezed me in two weeks with a NP...told me it could have been the cereal I am eating to cause the test to pop up positive...meanwhile, I am freaking losing it...3 small kids, work full time and cannot think about anything else??!! Anyone have a false positive before??

I was looking forward to getting my boob implants, when a bomb landed. Yesterday, 3/30/2007, I was scheduled for breast augemention when I heard my nurse say "OH, NO". Another nurse rushes into the bathroom, where I had just done the pee test and says "This has only happened once before." I'm laying there not knowing what the heck was going on expecting them to say anything but your pregnant, since I had my tubes tied 2 years ago. The anthegiolist comes in and says " I have good news and bad news. The good news is your pregnant..." And before he could get to the bad news of not being able to have the surgery, I was obliviously broke down in tears. I thought theres no way. I already have three children and not wanting anymore. I went straight from the hospital to my doctor and had a blood test done. Now I have to sit and wait for 3 days for the results. I don't want to seem like a horriable person but I seriously don't want anymore, thats why I had the surgery in the first place. I hope all works out for the best for you and keep me updated on your results, as I will on mine.

Your Friend While In Need, Missy

I am 14 days late!! i had my tubes tied 6 years ago, and have never been late or even off a little on my period!! Freaking, dont know what to do. i took a home test and it came back negaitive, but i was told those my not always pick up if you'd had your tubes tied, something to do with your horomones!! someone please, advice, i'm going crazy!! email me at if you can help!! Thanks***edited by moderator*** emails not allowed per terms of use***

whenever you are not sure about first or second pregnancy test just to be sure about the final result. you should not be surprised about this because there is really some percentage (true, it is small) of those ladies who actually got pregnant after their tubes were tied. I am aware that a lot of ladies think that this is permanent, but you should know that nothing is permanent. condoms, baby pills, even tied tubes can't guarantee you that you won't stay pregnant for sure. visit your doctor and consult him about this. some symptoms of pregnancy can be symptoms of the menopause as well. 

I was 5 months Pregant and had a urine test and blood test both came out negitive ! So you can't always trust the test .

I need help with that same question.....my tubes are tied and have been for threes years right after I had my daughter, My period is 3 weeks late and the home preg. test came back negative, but I never missed a period since forever unless i was pregnant. So I have a doctor's appointment in 4 days.Anyone who can help please do ....signed LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

I am experiencing the same problems, except I had my tubes tied, clipped and burnt 18 years ago! But I haven't seen my period in 2 months! Now I am almost 40, so I'm wondering is it perimenopause or could I really get pregnant after such a drastic surgery???? My test was also negative. I have an appt. next week. Anybody else with the same situation/surgery as mine and have gotten pregnant anyway???

Medically speaking I have never heard of a case where a woman getting pregnant after having her tubes clipped and burnt in addition to tied. Having the standared tubal has been known to fail once in a while but I would be more inclined to think this is just premenopause...you are in the timeframe age wise and it would be much more likely.

I had my tubes tied 6 years ago and have not had a period in 3 months took a hpt and it came back negative. I had my tubes tied clipped and burnt. I would like to know what any of you women found out what was going on?..are you pregnant or is it something else..Please respond ..cause since i don't think i am pregnant my gyn. can't get me in till August 4th and i would like to know a few things she could check me for!! thanks ..worried in south carolina %-)

I had my tubes tied for a year now. My future husband and i pretty much made love the whole time he was here. Now Im sick in the morning craving tomatoes( which i hate) and i feel bloated, tired and moody. I know that hormones can make an impact on someone when they get it done. But i want to have another one with him, but we both know that it has to be done in other ways. I feel like i did when I was pregnant with my other kidos. can i be? I have had cramping during all my pregnancies as well and the same thing is happening. We want to have a child together. jsut not now. Hes in Italy and Im here in TX. Im scared. Im going to go to the doctors. my mom is even concerned. Im 26 with 3 kids taking on another one that is his. and a 5th? not sure if i can handle that. anyone have any clue please let me know.

I've my tubes tied for 6yrs now....I've been feeling pregnant for the lat 3 months (I have 4 kids already)..My tummy now is huge, don't fit in my cloths any more...my last two periods were very different, the last was only 3 days and light, normal is very heavy and 6 days. I finally went to the doctor today he got me a blood test, he did not wanted to, it was negative, I had 4 hpt all neg. He says I'm not preg, but I feel i'm.......any advise??

I had my tubes tied, burt, and cut a year ago. I am having signs of pregnancy and had a positive test. I have also been sick for the last week with a cold. Anyone have any advise on what may be happening to me?

Hi I have had my tubes tied for 5 years and my periods have not always been like clock work never where. Well i had a period in October and November of 2008 but haven't had one since. The weird things is I have been feeling pukey the smell of food makes me gag never had this happen only when I have been prego. My belly is looking like I am the only thing that is weird or off it that my boobs don't really hurt they do tingle at times.

Thanks

I had my tubes tied a year and a half ago, i took a hpt and it came up positive i have two kids already and I want to have another one i just didn't think it was possible, i guess it goes to show that nothing is 100%

I got my tubes tied 16yrs ago...For the last couple months I've been feeling movement in my stomach but have been getting my period still..But last month my period was only 2 days..I had an ultrasound done and blood test doctor said she didn't see anything but my right tube was a little bit larger then the left which she claimed was normal...Blood work was negative.I still have been feeling movement even more on some days then others...I got my period yesterday but this time I have cramps which I don't get on my period usually its before not during..I felt movement alot the day before and still while on my period..My husband says its gas or maybe I have to go to bathroom but I know my body..I have 3 girls also 20,18,17...I'm 36yrs old and was young when i had my girls...My husband doesn't have any and this would be a blessing..But with no answers and no insurance it's driving me crazy...Don't know what else to do.I went to my doctor again today and she was stuck on the results of my test and ultrasound and told me I should get a second opinion from someone else.Even said the movement I feel could be my intestine(I don't think so).Please someone help.