It seems without fail that everytime I hit about 2.5miles my right foot falls asleep. I have gone to a doctor and he told me to change my shoes so I got some New Balance, a little bigger, and that did not work. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do to remedy this problem. It is strange that it is always my right foot also.

I really don't know what the cause of that is, but try lacing your shoes differently. There are different ways of lacing to remove pressure from different parts of the foot. You could skip the uppermost holes to remove pressure around the ankle. To remove pressure from the middle of the foot, after going through the bottom two (on each side) go directly up the shoe for the next two on each side so that there is no crossover for the middle holes. Then resume crossing over for the uppermost holes. Again, this may not help, but it's just something to try. I think New Balance's website has more lacing tips and they have a visual of how to do it [because I know my directions aren't very good].

thanks for the quick response unfortunately I don't think it has to do with the shoes or lacing. I have tried all different shoes (I now have New balance) and different lacing setups. I have read on other sites people that simply run through it and it goes away after 20 mins or so. I was just hoping there might be a better fix than that. It is also very strange that it is only my right foot as my left foot feels completely fine at the point when my right starts to fall asleep.

I'd get a podiatrist to look at it. I was having a similar problem several months ago (not from running, but from waiting tables every day), and the podiatrist said it was definitely how I laced my shoes. I had actually damaged the nerves on the top of my foot slightly, so it's definitely worth getting it checked out.

I've had enough bouts of plantar fasciitis to be wary of that falling asleep sensation as your arch giving you a bit of a red alert. One thing I do with every pair of shoes I have is to toss the "sock liner" that comes with them and put in a substantial aftermarket insole. The two I like are the Doc Scolls Advantage Arch and the Sof Sole Arch Plus. They both give good support to a weary arch and keep it held up so it's not flexing so far down in to the shoe with each stride. Those sock liners that come with running shoes aren't worth a red cent. Get out there and experiment with some different insoles. I think you'll find that'll solve your problem.

also......take a look at what shoes you wear when you are NOT running. I had the morton toe neuroma thing going on when I was wearing heels all day. Too much of a difference between heels and running shoes.