Hey y'all,

I have been running in Nike Air Milers for the past 4 years or so, and I love the way they fit my foot; however, I wish I had more padding under the foot. Does anyone know of a show that fits like the Air Miler but has more absorption? I bought another style of Nike and also a Mizuno shoe, and both of them put pressure on my arch that made running unbearable. I may have to go to a specialty store to get my foot analyzed anyway, but I thought I'd start here. The other shoes felt pretty good while I was in the shoe store, but once I got out on the trail and went about a mile, the pain surfaced. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks so much.
Winston

about the only shoe that I've tried that seems to be "built up" like the nike milers in the gel nimbus....but it is also noticeably heavier.

thanks for the reply, sue. i'll have to check them out and see how much heavier they are. a couple things i live about the miler are the light weight and the open, breathing feeling of them. thanks again.

"Pressure on my arch" sounds more like an insole problem. If you take out the "sock liners" that come in every running shoe out there, the bottom of the inside is basically flat. What you need to do is find an insole you like and then you can make just about any model shoe work for you. That's what I've done. I really like the Sof-Sole Arch Plus. It's a soft insole with enough arch support to help, but it's soft and doesn't put pressure there. And now what I've found is I can take that insole and put them in Nikes, Brooks, Mizunos, Asics and lo and behold, they all "feel" the same to the bottom of my foot. What that's done for me is allow for a wide rotation of shoes I can pinpoint for the type of run I'm doing whether it be on the trail, the treadmill, the road or the snow. I'm not stuck with a single model because only that one "feels good".
That'd be my recommendation, get some experimenting done and don't give any more miles to the flimsy worthless sock liners that'll pressure point who knows where on your foot :twocents:

and oh.. you'll probably find you need to size up a half shoe size to accomodate a thicker insole.

/believe me, a bigger shoe is better anyway

hey,
thanks very much for the suggestion. that sounds like an avenue i'm willing to try to give me the options, like you said, to wear different shoes for different surfaces and distances. thanks for the tip!
winston

about these shoes?

Thanks for the replies. I have been in the Nike Zoom Victory shoe for a while, but it still isn't exactly what I'm looking for. The more specialized shoes get, the harder it is for me to keep my feet comfortable! Crazy, but I appreciate the suggestions. That Air Max 03 Classic actually looks pretty good - I may try that one.