So I haven't run in two weeks because of a shin splint. I finally felt like it had healed because I couldn't feel it whatsoever. So this morning I decided to give it another go, but as soon as I started running...OUCH!! My shins started killing me again. Is it probably my shoes? Maybe I should get another pair? Or should I just take a longer break from it? Or maybe it's something else?

My shins usually start hurting when I need new shoes. I change out pairs about every three months.

Are you stretching your calf muscles on a regular basis? Calf raises, like off the edge of a step are great.

Ok thanks. I guess I'll be in the market for some new shoes.

I'm not making a point to, but I'm not too sure it's a muscle thing. It feels like the bone is bruised or something (probably not a good description, I know).

have you had an xray to rule out stress fracture? sounds like you might need to look at the shoes too. make sure they are designed for your foot -- arch (high or low) and footstrike (pronator or supinator) are really important factors in buying the right running shoe. there is a shoe buying guide at roadrunnersports.