Hello! My son has burnt his hand with hot tea few days ago. The burn was not severe although his hand is still red but without blisters or anything like that. Although he cried a lot and we were frightened his burn was not that serious. The problem is he keeps touching and scratching his wound and I don’t know what to do. How to stop iritation of skin after a burn?

Hello! I assume the affected area is small so it is easy to keep it clean. You should continue to use cool compresses if the area is still inflamed and red. If your son keeps touching the wound you should cover it with a sterile gauze or bandage. Ask your doctor if you maz apply antibiotic cream few times a day. Sometimes the wound gats infected (especially in small children) so the antibiotic are necessary. If you applied butter, powder or any other remedy this could increase the risk of infection and can cause further irritation of the skin.