Hello! My sister has just burned her hand on the stove. Since we are at home alone I have no one to help us. I can’t reach my parents on the phone. The burn is very painful and the skin is red. I noticed few blisters. I put her hand in the cold water and the pain is decreased. I don’t know what to do next. What is usually done with thermal burn with blisters?

Hello! Since the blisters occur that means the burns maybe a second degree burn. It is good you put her hand in the cold water since that is the first thing that should be done. See if you have a first aid kit at your home and try to find sterile gauze on the burn. Do not touch the burn and blisters to avoid possible infection. If your parents come home soon they will take your sister to the doctor and he will most probably prescribe an antibiotic cream or ointments. Also, he will check is she is up-to date on tetanus shots. Don’t worry everything will be OK.