Hello! My aunt had burned her legs with boiled water two days ago and she is still in hospital. The accident happened in a second, she wanted to boil some eggs and she wasn’t aware how the accident happened. Since her burns were severe she was kept in a hospital. We were thinking about taking her to some special burn-treatment facilities. Are there burn-treatment facilities?

Hello! Yes, there are burn-treatment facilities. Since you haven’t mentioned where you live I can’t recommend any facility in your area but I will try to tell you something in general. Usually, almost all burn-treatment facilities have 24-hours burn transport and intensive care units which is designed to care for the most critically injured burn patients. Less seriously injured burn patients are usually admitted directly to Burn Step-down department. Rehabilitative care is maybe something which should be important for your aunt at the moment since recovery from the burn process is often long and difficult. Some of the facilities have hydrotherapy suites for the management of burn wound.