Working in a restaurant I and my coworkers are prone to accidents with spilt oil and grease, hot water/coffee and soups… For the first time in a long while we had a serious accident with hot oil that scalded me and another coworker. What to do after oil burn injury?

The first objective in treating oil and any other thermal burns is to cool the burned area. Cool water, but not very cold water or ice, should be used for the cooling process. Minor burns can also be cleaned with soap and water. Blisters should not be broken. If the skin is broken, the burned area should be covered with an antibacterial ointment and covered with a bandage to prevent infection.

Hallo,
Any burning injury us dangerous, but oil burns are even worse if you ask me. I think that first thing that you have to do is to run the burn under cool water which will help cool your skin. However if the burn is severe it is advised that you do not remove the burned skin until you get to the hospital. I think that in some cases you will need a help from the doctor because burns can be sever. I think that it would be much easier to try to prevent the brining of the skin then to treat it. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

from a first aiders point of view i was taught that for any burn you should run the area that suffered the burn under cold running water as for oil it is best to try and get the oil off your skin asap as oil burns at a high heat and therefore takes longer to cool down and oil tends to be waterproof "kinda" so try and get as much of the oil off as possible to slow the burn or it will burn for a long time till the oil cools but my advice is run it under cold running water for 20mins but if required take some sort of pain killer to assist with the pain.

If it is a minor burn you should run cold water on it to remove some of the heat and use A&D ontiment do not cover it this will cause it to retain water and blister and the covering will pull the skin off which you do not want that  to happen,because that allows germs and infection....good luck to you

Black tea contains tannic acid, which helps to draw heat from the deepest part of your burn. It therefore speeds the healing process and may remove some of your pain. Soak a few black tea bags (it doesn’t matter what kind) in water and then place them on your burn. You can also choose to dab strongly brewed tea onto your burn with a washcloth.

I don’t advice cooling under hot water for oil, it gets worse when you take your hand out of the water. I am experiencing it right now as I’m typing. It is even more painful when I put it in water and brought it out. For me I think the pain is less without the water.

I currently using wheat flour and the pain is fading