Hello! My sister works in a kitchen in the nearby restaurant. She often burns her hands with hot water or steam. Actually, she is not at all the person who should work in a kitchen but she can’t find a better job she has to do the job she is not capable of. She always put oil on her burn although I told her she should not do it. Is it wise to put some cream after a burn?

Hello! If she gets burned often she really needs to be more careful and pay more attention to her security. When a burn happens the affected area should be put under the cold running water for at lest ten minutes. After that the wound should be covered by sterile gauze or bandage. Sometimes it is good to use some antibiotic cream but it is not necessary. If the burn is more serious the affected person should ask for medical care.