Hi. Recently I have started to take care of my relative. He`s an epileptic. It was all fine until I saw him having a seizure. I have never seen that before. It was awful. I felt so helpless and it looked like he is going to die. I was instructed what to do in such cases, to put something soft under his head and stuff like that, but I am not sure I am that calm person that just sits there waiting for the seizure to stop. How to deal with it?

Hi. My daughter is an epileptic. She was diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy when she was 16 years old. Seizures can be tough even for us. It is really hard to watch your own kid suffering. It is even harder when you are aware there is not much you can do about it. There is no cure. You can just sit and wait, just like you said. This is how I deal with it. When she has a seizure, I give her first aid and wait for it to stop. In my head, I am thinking “hey, that could`ve been me” shaking on the ground. Nobody is really healthy. She is my child and I love her. Love helps me to cope with her condition.