I would like to talk to you about my medical problem. It seems that I have had Myoclonic Epilepsy my entire life and I was not even aware of it. I did have all these little jerks of my arms, they started when I was 14 years old. But that never bothered me, so I did not pay much attention to it, until I had a grand mal seizure. I was on medications for some time until it was gone. Now I have them only in mornings after I stayed late the night before, sometimes after the drinking. Should I continue with therapy or not?

Juvenile Myoclonic epilepsy is one of the epilepsy conditions that attack people the most. Around 7 percent of all epilepsy cases are in this category. As for treatment, I suppose that you should continue with it, but I advise you to consult your doctor first. Today, medications that are most used in treating JME are Depakote, Lamictal (sometimes combination of these two), Frisium, Diamox etc.