Hello, guys. I have recently started with driving and I am little afraid of accidents on motor vehicles. I would like to know what the first thing to do is when it comes to spinal cord injuries. I would really appreciate your answer since I hear that those injuries are really serious ones. Bye!

Hello. You have heard well. Spinal cord injuries are very serious ones and people should be very careful when driving. The first thing you should do is to check the safety of the scene. After that you must stabilize the neck. If there is a danger of hypothermia, you should logroll. If the ambulance is not on their way, then you should transport the person. You must move very carefully the patient without any sudden moves. It would be the best to find someone to help you. It would be great to make something like cervical collar. If the ambulance will arrive, then wait for them. I hope I've helped. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.