Hello! My sister has two children and she will come to visit us next weekend. Since I had bad experience with burns I would like to prevent any possible dangerous situation. Her son is five and daughter is three years old and they are very active kids. The moment I lay my eyes off them they do something unexpected. How to prevent burn injuries in children?

Hello! Well, small children need to be carefully watched all the time. It is especially important not to leave your kitchen unattended since the kitchen is usually the most dangerous place for small children. Keep matches, lighters, chemicals, and lit candles out of reach and don't use fireworks or sparklers. Do not use tablecloths or placemats when small children are present. Keep them away from heaters and check your electrical cords and outlets and put child-safety covers on all electrical outlets.