My husband has 2 herniated discs in his neck that are pressing against his spinal cord. We have no insurance. We were referred to a orthopedic surgeon to see if he could help. We didn't mind having to pay $150.00 up front in order to get to see him. I just want my husband to be alright health wise. As it is right now, without treatment, he is looking at possibly becoming paralyzed or worse, death. The orthopedic surgeon took our $150.00 up front, and then stated after looking at my husbands MRI results, that my husbands injuries are beyond his expertise, and he stated my husband needs to see a spinal cord specialist. He stated he thought Vanderbilt in Tennessee would have a doctor for him to see without having to have any money up front. We were called about 2 weeks later and told they wasn't taking any more patients. They called Louisville to see if they could get him in. They also were not taking any new patients without insurance. They then told us that they couldn't keep calling doctors to see if they would see my husband. They stated if we found a doctor to see my husband, they would give us a referral to that doctor. How can I find a doctor in Kentucky to see my husband when he has no insurance??? I am open to any of your suggestions. Thanks!!!

Maybe check with UK in Lexington and see if they can help. Dr. Tibbs is a good doctor and might help if the hospital will help you. I had the same thing and it is very painful and debilitating. Most hospitals can help Saint Joesph has help me with the emergency room and my husband with an MRI.

Best of Luck to you both.

Here's an idea, get some insurance. Instead of having John Q. Taxpayer pay the doctor to see your husband. Take some responsiblity and protect you and your family. Im assuming you have auto insurance or home insurance. Stop relying on handouts.