I've been wearing a pair of Tyr swim trunks (composed of polyamide and spandex) for my swims for the past 4 months and I've been noticing the material is starting to "peel" off if you know what I mean. Looks like I have to get another pair I tried washing my swim trunks after swim practice in cold tap water to get rid of the chlorine but it has not helped much.. Any ideas as to what caused it and how to prevent it from happening again?

Sorry; but, you can't stop it. Rinsing after every swim helps but 4 months is about what I get out of them.

I wear my trunks fromt he pool right into the shower. I was with them on and then when I rince I take them off and rince them out. I also switch pairs. I wear one pair for 2 swims then they go to the bottom and thr top pair gets 2 swims. I have 3 suits I rotate like that.

NEVER sit or lean against the pool in them. If you sit a the pool edge or lean againsr the pool you will tear em up fast. The less they touch of the concrete the better.

Sheldon