Hello, good people. I am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I have spasticity as my main problem and I need to solve this problem. I am planning to use Dantrolene as drug suitable for this. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I will appreciate all your info. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear that. MS is indeed a serious disease. It can show many signs. One of them is spasticity. It is treated mostly with limb positioning and drugs. Dantrolene is a good choice. I hope you’ve consulted your specialist about this. You should know all about one drug before you take it. Good luck!

Hello. Dantrolene is used in treating MS spasticity. Its target is on periphery. It works within muscle itself. It suppresses the release of calcium from sarcoplasmic reticulum. This inhibits excitation and the contraction of the muscle. This weakens the strength of the muscle. I hope this was clear for you. Please, let me know how the therapy progresses. Good luck!

Hello, guys. Dantrolene is indeed a drug that can help. It can be used with antispastic drugs of the first choice since they affect different targets. However, it can also show side effects. Those can be: drowsiness, weakness or fatigue. That is why you should start with little dose of 25 mg. In several weeks, it can be increased up to 400 mg. It is also hepatotoxic. It means that it can damage liver. That is the main reason which limits its use. I hope this was helpful. Bye!