Hello. My friend’s daughter had car accident today Tnx God she is just fine, she didn’t have any problems, just some small injuries. But while she was at the hospital they did some tests and they found out that she is having ventricular ectopic beats. They told her that she is probably having it since she was a child. They suggested her to stay in the hospital for a while to see what the best treatment for her is.

I was wondering do you have any idea how to treat patient with ventricular ectopic beats?

Is it dangerous or not?

Thank you.

Hey there boy. I really hope that this girl is going to be ok. I think that everything is going to be ok since ventricular ectopic beats are very commonly seen in daily clinical practice and they are largely asymptomatic. But of course, they can cause some very upsetting symptoms in some patients. I believe that that is why they are scared. There are some treatment options and they are:

• drugs or beta blockers such as atenolol or metoprolol,
  • radiofrequency catheter ablation,
  • Also patient with a very high caffeine intake should reduce the intake of it.

As you can see it is nothing that serious and everything is going to be ok.

Good luck.

Good day two of you. My nanny has ventricular ectopic beats and nothing bad is going on with her. Opposite, she is just fine. She found out that she is having this diagnose when she was 27 years old and now she is 64 years old. When she found out about this she started the treatment immediately. Now she is fine so I don’t see any reason why your friend’s daughter won’t be. I'm positive that she will be just fine.

My nanny has the same treatment for many years – she is using medications and she is fine.

It is important to treat this as soon as you find out about it.

Hello. I am a patient with ventricular ectopic beats and from my own experience I can tell that this disease is not that dangerous and that bad like someone is telling you. I am treating this disease very successful for more than three years with the same medication all the time. The main thing is that you need to follow your doctor's instruction about eating plan, diet program and when you need to take this medicine. In this case, I believe that no one should be afraid that something can go wrong. She just needs to follow her doctor's instructions. Good luck.

Good day guys. Long time no see. And I need to confess that I am really sorry about that. Ectopic heartbeats are very small changes in an otherwise normal heartbeat that lead to extra or skipped heartbeats. They often can occur without some clear cause and they are usually harmless. There are two different types of ectopic heartbeats and those are : premature ventricular contractions and premature atrial contractions.

Usually treatment requires nothing special – doctors will prescribe medicine just to maintain the condition of the patient. So generally there is no reason to be scared.

Have a nice day. Bye.