Hey everyone,

Recently, a friend of my mine died at her home. She was home alone and later on everybody thought that she had a heart attack but when the doctors did their analyses, they told us that she had a ventricular rupture.

I don't know much about this, actually, I don't know anything about it, I just know that a good friend of mine is gone now because of it. I am wondering, would she have been saved if there was someone to take her to the hospital? Does anyone know what are the most common causes of ventricular rupture?

Hey Health n Joy,

This is a very serious thing to happen. Mortality is extremely high unless early diagnosis is made and urgent surgical intervention is provided. Even if someone was at home and they took her to the hospital as soon as they realized there was something wrong, there are still chances that she wouldn't have made it.

Ventricular rupture occurs in the setting of acute myocardial infarction, blunt and penetrating cardiac trauma, primary cardiac infection, primary and secondary cardiac tumors, infiltrative diseases of the heart, and aortic dissection. It may also occur iatrogenically during percutaneous cardiac procedures or open heart surgery.

Hey everyone,

This is usually an extremely dangerous thing to happen to someone and it is hard to save someone when it occurs. The best way of saving someone would be to prevent this, and that would mean to treat the condition that could lead to it, which can sometimes also be a troubling thing to do.

I also know that ventricular rupture has been reported in the setting of stress cardiomyopathy.

When it happens, if you take the person to the hospital on time, the doctors need to make a very quick decision and then she has to have a surgery. It all comes down to that surgery.

Poor girl, I knew she had some trouble with her heart but she was taking some medicine for it and I never thought that it would end her life like this, she was so young, it is so sad.

I appreciate the time you took to answer my question, Bee and Stradivarius. This girl meant a lot to me and I've been down since the moment they told me that she is gone. I just wanted to know more about this ventricular rupture which took her.

Is there anything else that you can tell me about it, since I don't know anything?

Hi there everyone.

There are a few most common causes, but I still believe that the most common cause of myocardial rupture is a recent myocardial infarction, with the rupture typically occurring three to five days after infarction. Some other causes of rupture that can happen to you usually include cardiac trauma, endocarditis,  cardiac tumors, infiltrative diseases of the heart  and aortic dissection.

Risks of ventricular rupture can be really serious so you need to find the way to treat it as soon as possible. Ladies are usually more likely to have it.

Look, I don’t want to scare you but if you don’t treat it, you could die.

Hello there everyone. Make me coffee, I couldn't agree more with you! Unfortunately, my mom died due to ventricular rupture. I still don't know why she never went to see her doctor when she was feeling bad a couple of months before she even realized that she is having problem with her heart. She was always healthy and she told me that probably the weather is the main problem why is she feeling like this. So, please, you don't want this to happen to you, Nobody wants. It is really alarming.

Hey there. I am really sorry for your loss. I don't know when this happened and what was the situation but I am sure that this could be prevented somehow. That is why it is very important what I was telling you - to control it, to keep attention on it all the time. If you notice any kind of changes in your heart you should react because any symptom can be fatal for you. It is definitely not something that you should play with. Even if that means that you should seek for more opinions from different doctors.

Good day there. I believe that mortality rates are huge in this case. I believe that surgery is needed. Surgery is performed via a transinfarction approach, and all reconstruction is performed with prosthetic materials to avoid tension. Developments in myocardial protection and improved prosthetic materials have contributed greatly to successful management of VSR. In patients with traumatic myocardial rupture, manifestations depend on the site, mode, and extent of cardiac injury. Sudden death occurs shortly after the injury in most patients with traumatic myocardial rupture and is due to pericardial tamponade or exsanguination. So you can see that this is extremely dangerous.

Good day there friends.

I remember when my cousin had problem with it. I just can’t describe you how dangerous this is. I don’t know how she is alive at this moment because she had a lot of problems with it. A lot of complications can occur and you need to be aware of it. It is very dangerous thing, it is in the most of the cases fatal. You know the most common causes, now I know it as well because I didn’t have an idea about it but I just came and join this conversation because I know how dangerous this can be. Good luck!