Hi! On a gynaecology exam I had abnormal pap. Gynaecologist told me that I had HPV. I don’t know anything about HPV. Please tell me what is HPV?

Hi! I have cancer of the cervix, maybe caused by HPV. You have to take your health problem very serious. HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) is virus which is causing excessive cell proliferation and formation of the wartlike projections on the penis, vagina, cervix, vulva, perineum, rectum, and anus and in the perianal regions. They may also be seen on oral mucosa. Potential complications are secondary infections, giant condylomata, and malignant transformation.
It’s important to refraining from sexual activity until clear of disease. Your partner also must have examination and treatment. Complete your treatment it’s very important. After you finished your treatment you must go to regular examinations for genital and cervical carcinoma.